We are pleased to announce the software upgrade to V50020d is now available. This software upgrade includes Knock Code™ among other improvements.
From the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > About tablet.
Tap Software information. View the current software version under Software version.
Connect to a Wi-Fi network to download the software update.
Fully charge the battery.
Note: If your battery is too low the Restart & Install button will not display. You may need to charge the battery above a certain level and/or plug in to begin the update.
Save any important data before updating the software on your device. Any data not saved to the microSD or transferred to a PC may be erased; i.e. contacts, images, etc. Connect your phone to a PC via the USB cable. After connecting, select Media sync (MTP) mode on your phone. Copy personal folders to your PC. i.e. DCIM (photos, videos), Downloads, Music, etc.
Note: Sync functions are not available during the update process. The entire upgrade process varies depending on software package size and your internet connection speed.
From the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > About tablet > Update Center > Software update.
- Tap Check for update to manually check for a new software update.
When the update is available a system udpate notification will display, select Download.
Select Install now after the update has finished downloading. Your phone will restart and begin the update process.
The device will restart and transition through software update steps. A notice that the software update has completed will display, select Done to complete update.
Click here to download the LG Mobile Support Tool to your computer, then open.
Note: You will need a PC running:
Windows 2000 (SP4 or later), XP, Vista, 7, or 8
CPU - 1.8 GHz or higher
Memory - 1 GB or higher
Hard Disk Drive - 9 GB or higher available
Administration rights on the PC for software installation
High-speed internet connection
Connect your phone to your PC.
Tap Start Upgrade within the LG Mobile Support Tool to begin.
- Device will progress through Analysis, Download, Update and Complete during the update process.
- While updating, the device will power off and enter a download mode at 5% completion. This is normal. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE USB CABLE!
- At approx 95% of completion, the device will power on. This may take several minutes. This is normal. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE USB CABLE!
- If your software update stops before it has completed, please do not close the update tool and try the update again. Additional troubleshooting steps are below.
The tool will notify you when the update is complete. Tap Exit to return to the main screen.
Wait for device to power on. Once powered on, the device will reconnect to the LG Mobile Support Tool. When connected, observe that the version number reflects the latest Software V50020d. It is now OK to DISCONNECT THE USB CABLE.
If the phone software upgrade stopped before completion, please do not close the update tool and try to update again following original instructions.
If you already closed the update tool, and the phone will not turn on normally, please follow the steps below:
- Remove back cover and battery.
- Record IMEI/ESN/MEID from device label in battery well.
- Replace battery and back cover.
- Open LG Mobile Support Tool.
- Connect the device to PC via USB cable.
- From the drop down menu, select Options > Upgrade Recovery.
- Enter your phone information and tap OK.
- After checking the phone information, it will start to update automatically. If it does not work, the device may require service to attempt recovery.