LG wins 14 CES Innovations Awards
Johannesburg, South Africa, January 7, 2009: LG Electronics has once again proven to be a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics at this year’s CES show held January 8-11, 2009 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) recognised LG Electronics’ excellence in design and technology with 14 prestigious CES 2009 Innovations Awards, including the CES 2009 “Best of Innovations” honours in the wireless handset and home appliances categories.
In all, LG was honoured in seven highly competitive categories: video displays, video components, home theatre speakers, wireless communications, home appliances, computer accessories and audio components.
“Earning more than 80 CES Innovations Awards over the past six years, LG Electronics is proud of this recognition for our innovation and design excellence,” said Mr. K.W. Kim, CEO of LG Electronics Middle East and Africa Regional Company. “These honours underscore how LG is enhancing consumers’ lives with products that combine intelligent features and intuitive functionality with exceptional performance and stylish design.”
CES Innovations Awards are selected annually by a panel of prominent industry designers, engineers and journalists who judge product entries on criteria including user value, aesthetics, innovative design, quality and contributions to the quality of life. Sponsored by CEA and endorsed by the Industrial Designers Society of America, the CES Innovations Awards highlight product advancements in technology design and engineering.
LG’s honourees for the 2009 International CES include:
Video Displays Category
• 55-inch Class Full HD 1080p Slim LED Backlight LCD (55LHX) – LG’s 55-inch class 1080p LCD HDTV combines ultra-thin 24 mm depth with the superior performance of LED backlighting for a sleek design with uncompromising picture quality.
• Triple-View Monitor (M4714V) – Ideal for digital signage applications, LG’s Triple View 47-inch class display allows consumers to view three different images in Full HD 1080p resolution based upon their angle of view to the monitor.
Video Components Category
• BD300 Network Blu-ray Disc Player (BD300) – LG’s BD300 is the world’s first Blu-ray disc player that instantly streams movies and TV episodes from Netflix*, enabling unparalleled access to disc-based and networked home video entertainment.
Home Theatre Speakers Category
• Network Streaming Service-Ready Blu-ray Disc Home Theatre System (LHB979) – LG’s LHB979 is a home theatre system offering consumers convenient access to multiple content sources, including Blu-ray discs, BD-Live content and Netflix* Instant Streaming.
Wireless Communications Category
• LG Dare (VX9700) – Featuring an impressive 3.2 megapixel camera/camcorder and Schneider-Kreuznach certified lens, the LG Dare offers outstanding image quality and unparalleled photo editing. Its 3-inch touch screen is also enabled with handwriting recognition and tactile feedback. (Also a Best of Innovations honouree.)
• LG Solar Headset (HFB-500) – This stylish, environmentally-friendly solar powered LG HFB-500 headset turns two hours of sunlight into one hour of talk time.
• LG Vu (CU920) –The LG Vu is an aesthetically appealing touch screen phone with a sleek black finish. Its multimedia options, including live television, are ideal for tech-savvy users.
• LG Invision (CB630) – The LG Invision is the smallest, Mobile TV-capable phone in the U.S. It combines easy access to TV shows with the latest technologies in a well-priced, lightweight and stylish design.
Computer Accessories Category
• Network Attached Storage with Blu-ray Burner (N4B1 NAS) – LG’s N4B1 network attached storage provides a variety of integrated data management and storage solutions whether directly connected to a network or over the Internet.
Audio Components Category
• Compact Shelf System (LFD950) – LG’s LFD950 Compact Shelf System combines the features of a compact shelf system with superior sound and versatility, inside a space-saving stylish design with a glossy, piano black finish.
Home Appliances Category
• Steam Laundry Pair: SteamWasher with Allergiene Cycle and SteamDryer (WM3001H) – LG’s Steam Laundry Pair features an industry-first allergen-reducing cycle, enhanced performance, unique steam clothing care options and increased capacity. (Also a Best of Innovations honouree.)
• Four-Door French-Door Refrigerator (LMX25981) – The industry’s first ice-and water-dispensing 4-Door French-Door Refrigerator enhances convenience and organization in the kitchen, featuring double freezer drawers.
* Netflix feature is limited to the USA market