NFC “TAG ON” FEATURE TO CONNECT
SMARTPHONE TO TELEVISION
NFC “Tag On” wirelessly connects Smartphone to Television
1. How to use “Tag On” feature to connect a smartphone to a TV.
What is "Tag On"?
1.This feature is used on smartphones to transmit data in order to share content between
smartphones and Smart Televisions simply by placing the NFC-enabled smartphone
near the television’s “Tag On” sticker.
2.To use “Tag On”, the smartphone and Smart TV must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network
or Miracast™/Intel® WiDi must be activated on the Smart TV.
How to set "Tag on"?
1. Enable NFC (Near Field Communication) and [Write, read and Write/receive P2P]
2. Place phone near the “Tag On” sticker on TV to install “LG TV Tag On” app and “LG
TV Remote” app to phone.
3. When placed near the “Tag On” sticker on TV once again, authentication number will
appear on TV. Enter that number displayed on TV screen in smartphone.
* 1) What is NFC (Near Field Communication)?
Near Field Communication (NFC) is a short-range wireless connectivity standard that
uses magnetic field induction to enable communication between devices when they're
touched together or brought within a few centimeters of each other. It is a type of Radio
Frequency Identification (RFID) referring to short-range wireless technologies enabling
devices to transfer data typically within a distance of 10cm.