TV WON’T SHUT ITSELF “OFF”
TV won’t turn off from pressing remote controller’s power button of pressing power button at the bottom or side of the body of TV cabinet.
How to fix
1. Check whether TV is operated with a main body physical power interruption switch.
※ Main body switch location varies depending on models, please refer to user manual.
2. Check remote controller’s batteries whether running low or dead and check remote controller’s transmission/reception coverage area.
- Both batteries should be replaced with new ones at the same time and verify that the batteries’ positive and negative terminals are pointing in the right direction before inserting them.
- Reception area of remote control varies depending on models, and it should not be obstructed by any obstacles (sound bar, frames, other objects, etc.) for its operation.
3. When TV gets turned on from set-top box remote control, TV remote control cannot operate TV as its connection to TV is canceled. In this case, contact subscription cable provider and have them check TV power operation setting from set-top box remote controller.
4. Use remote control after turning off the fluorescent light.
- Due to interference caused by the frequency of three wave fluorescent light, the remote control may malfunction. (Remote control IR sensitivity: 38 KHz).