YOUTUBE KIDS VOD LAUNCH
YouTube Kids is a new Video-On-Demand service having been launched on LG Smart TVs - Launch & service overview.
April 25th 2017 will have seen the launch of this new Video-On-Demand service entitled “YouTube Kids” on LG webOS Smart televisions. This is a free VOD content service intended for the younger generations and for the whole family to enjoy. In-App content is offered in the four specific following categories: Show, Music, Learning and Explore. The initial launch will feature content in te following language: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Russian.
■ Service Type
- No Charge
■ Servicing Languages
- English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Russian.
■ Launch Date
- Launching April 25th, 2017
■ Supporting Devices
- Service will be made available to LG webOS Smart TV all versions from version 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 ONLY. There is no plan for launching this service on LG NetCast models or Smart devices.
- Limited support for the Magic Motion Remote Controller during initial launch, but will be supported completely by initial launch, but will be soon supported further to launch date
- NetCast-platformed TV users can access Kids’ content by using the search option provided within regular YouTube app.
■ Inappropriate Content
- Please note that all In-app content is monitored and provided by Google. As for the possibility of inappropriate content, Google added a relevant guide. Below link will assist customers in enabling Parental Control feature for YouTube Kids VOD service:
☞ Also please note that users can set a lock to any app from LG Smart TV. Please refer to following steps:
Select [Home] button of the remote → Select [Gear-shaped] Icon placed on the top-right → Select [All Settings] → Select [Set a Lock] → Switch [Off] to [On], then select [Application Lock], then enter a password → Check the applications you wish to lock from access.
* Changes will take place moment TV is turned back on.