SUNLIGHT SCREEN READABILITY
Sunlight Readability Enhancement feature
Sunlight Readability Enhancement (SRE) feature overview
Sunlight Readability Enhancement (SRE) mode is a technology that tunes the screen to show
content clearly under the sunlight. It was first introduced on LG G4 for the first time in Korea.
How to use
SRE mode kicks in when the outdoor illumination is 25,000 lux (lx) or greater. It adjusts both screen
brightness and the color of each individual pixel.
※ Normal illumination (in Lux)
1) Family living room : 50 lx
2) Office hallway / washroom : 80 lx
3) Cloudy day : 100 lx
4) Office lighting : 320~500 lx
5) Overcast day : 1,000 lx
6) Full Daylight : 10,000~25,000 lx
7) Direct sunlight : 30,000~100,000 lx
SRE mode enables you to see content on your phone screen under the bright sunlight.