While there's some debate about the source of this salad's name, there's no questioning the appeal of this hearty merger of chicken, bacon, avocado, eggs and blue cheese. Dig in, indeed.
Cook Mode: Broil
Cook Time: 20 mins
Preheat: 3 mins
Serves: MAKES 8 SERVINGS
Servings: MAKES 2 CUPS
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Heat the vegetable oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and sauté the chicken breasts until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
3. Place the pan in the oven and cook the chicken about 23-24 minutes to an internal temperature of 165°F. Cool and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices on the bias.
4. Sauté the bacon until crisp. Drain on absorbent paper and crumble into small pieces.
5. Toss the romaine with the vinaigrette and divide between 8 plates.
6. Top with 5-6 chicken slices, 3 tablespoons diced tomato, 1/4 cup blue cheese, 1/4 avocado, 1 tablespoon scallions, 4 hard-boiled egg quarters, and 2 tablespoons crumbled bacon.
NOTE: Blend together all of the ingredients except for the olive oil. Allow the flavors to blend for 5 minutes. Add the olive oil and whisk thoroughly. It may be necessary to blend the dressing together again before serving.