NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
ENTRY IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA OR PUERTO RICO WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE ON DATE OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES YOU MUST AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH CREATE A CONTRACT – PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THESE RULES INCLUDE GRANTS OF RIGHTS AND INDEMNITIES TO THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1) SWEEPSTAKES CALENDAR AND TIMING: The LG “Do March Right” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) starts February 20, 2012 at 8:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST) and ends March 24, 2012 at 5:00 PM EST (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these “Official Rules” and the decisions of the Sponsor, including the interpretation of these Official Rules and its exercise of discretion, which will be final and binding in all respects.
2) ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is offered and open only to persons legally residing in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older on the date of entry into this Sweepstakes. LG Electronics USA, Inc., (“Sponsor”), PowerPact, LLC (“Administrator”), the National Collegiate Athletic Association (“NCAA”), Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. (“Turner”), CBS Broadcasting, Inc. (“CBS”) and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, employees, officers, directors, distributors, advertising, promotional and judging agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) of and/or persons living in the same household as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter or win. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
3) HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE. You can enter the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period any one of the following three ways: (i) visit lg.com/ncaa, or (ii) scan a picture of the QR Code® at a participating retail location using your smart phone. You will then be redirected to an online entry form that will collect your name, address and telephone number. If you do not have a QR Code® application, download a QR Code® reader application on your web-enabled cell phone or smart phone. Participants are solely responsible for any data, message and wireless charges, not all carriers participate or (iii) visit Facebook.com/lgusa and “like” the Fan Gate, which will take you to the Sweepstakes application tab to enable you to access the Sweepstakes. You will only be required to “like” the Fan Gate the first time that you seek to access the Sweepstakes. On subsequent visits you will be able to proceed directly to the Sweepstakes application tab. Once you access the Sweepstakes, via any of the methods described above, follow the directions provided to watch a short LG video and complete the entry form. As part of the Sweepstakes entry process, entrants will be required to indicate that they have read, accept, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules including that they are at least 18 years of age.
Limitations On Entries. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER CALENDAR DAY, PER PERSON, PER EMAIL ADDRESS/WIRELESS ACCOUNT//HOUSEHOLD REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY. A “calendar day” is defined as the 24 hours between 12:00:00 a.m. EST and the following 11:59:59 p.m. EST.. Entries received from any person, email address, wireless account or household in excess of the above stated limitation will be void. Any individual who attempts to enter, or in the sole discretion of Sponsor is suspected of entering more than once or submits entries in excess of the disclosed maximum, by any means, including but not limited to establishing multiple email accounts, entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process will be void. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same email or wireless account, the authorized subscriber of the account at the time of entry will be deemed the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the email or wireless account by the service provider or other organization responsible for assigning accounts. Entrant may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes the contact information provided during the Sweepstakes Period. Proof of entry does not constitute proof of delivery. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned to entrant.
4) Prize Drawing, ODDS and Notification: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about Monday, March 26, 2012 from among all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing will be conducted by PowerPact, LLC, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The potential winners are subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these Official Rules. Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by telephone on March 26, 2012 at the number provided on the entry (the “Notification”). Messages will not be left on machines or with any person. If Sponsor is unable to reach and speak directly with the potential Grand Prize winner at the time of the Notification, or if potential Grand Prize winner does not verbally accept the prize during the Notification, such potential Grand Prize winner will be disqualified and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to such potential Grand Prize winner and Sponsor shall at it sole discretion be free to select an alternate potential Grand Prize winner, if time permits. The potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return to PowerPact, LLC 1) an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release including (where lawful) a Publicity Release and 2) a W9 Tax Form (collectively the “Releases”) for receipt by PowerPact, LLC no later than 5:00 pm Central Time on Monday, March 28, 2012. Failure to complete and return the Releases in the time noted, non-compliance with these Official Rules, PowerPact, LLC’s inability to contact the potential Grand Prize winner within the specified time period, or if a prize or prize notification is undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner may be selected and notified.
All other potential winners will be required to sign and return Releases to PowerPact, LLC no later than five (5) business days from Notification. Failure to complete and return the Releases in the time noted, non-compliance with these Official Rules, PowerPact, LLC’s inability to contact the potential winner within the specified time period, or if a prize or prize notification is undeliverable will result in disqualification and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to such potential winner and Sponsor shall at it sole discretion be free to select an alternate potential winner, if time permits.
If a potential winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein and if Grand Prize winner, he/she must accompany minor as his/her trip guest.
5) PRIZES: Limit one (1) Prize per winner/household.
Grand Prize (1): A trip for winner and one (1) guest to the 2012 NCAA ® Men’s Final Four® March 30, 2012 – April 2, 2012. Trip consists of roundtrip, coach class air transportation from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest winner’s residence to destination city, four (4) days and three (3) nights standard hotel accommodations of Sponsor’s choice (one (1) room, double occupancy), two (2) tickets to each of the 2012 NCAA Men’s Final Four Semifinal Games and two (2) tickets to the Championship Final Game, $500 spending money for winner only (awarded in the form of a check), a welcome gift and round trip ground transportation, to and from the airport in destination city. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $6,850.
Grand Prize Restrictions. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must possess United States government-approved travel documents. If the Grand Prize winner resides within a 100-mile radius of the destination city (a “local resident”), round-trip ground transportation of Sponsor’s choice will be provided between Grand Prize winner’s residence to the hotel in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for any resulting difference in the ARV. Actual value may vary based on point of departure. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified thereon. Seat locations, airline carrier and hotel will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Grand Prize winner and guest must comply with all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion of prize. Trip must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such Grand Prize winner or guest. Sponsor reserves the right to change dates without prior notice. Grand Prize winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary. Guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (18, except Alabama and Nebraska, 19 and Mississippi, 21), unless he/she is the child or legal ward of Grand Prize winner. Guest must sign a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. If the guest is child or legal ward of the Grand Prize winner, Grand Prize winner must sign and return release on behalf of such child or legal ward. Travel must be made through Sponsor’s agent, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. In the event Sponsor is unable to provide tickets or admission to an event, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to give cash equivalent to the face value of the ticket as substitution and no other compensation or substitution will be provided in lieu thereof; however, remainder of Grand Prize will be awarded and Sponsor will have no further obligation to the Grand Prize winner or his/her guest.
The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omission whatsoever with respect to the Grand Prize. Except as indicated herein, all meals, taxes, gratuities, travel insurance, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, food, alcoholic beverages, incidentals (including mini-bar), phone charges, merchandise, souvenirs and other expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules are solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and guest. Grand Prize winner and guest must comply with all hotel check-in requirements, including, but not limited to, the presentation of a major credit card. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any mechanical difficulties or failure connected with the Grand Prize, or any act or omission whatsoever. Unused components of the Grand Prize have no redeemable cash value.
All airline tickets issued in connection with the Grand Prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles, cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer and are not eligible for upgrades.
If the Grand Prize winner elects to travel or participate in the Grand Prize alone (with no guest), no additional compensation will be awarded. If the Grand Prize winner elects to travel or participate in the Grand Prize with more than one (1) guest, such additional guest(s) shall be responsible for any and all costs associated with such participation. Air transportation and hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items, once they are in Grand Prize winner’s possession, will not be replaced. Travel must be roundtrip. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as the Grand Prize. If a stopover occurs, the Grand Prize will terminate and the Grand Prize winner and his/her guest will be responsible for the full fare, which will be charged from the stopover point for the remaining trip segment(s), including the return. Any unclaimed and/or unused Grand Prize or element thereof will be forfeited by and will remain the property of Sponsor. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight or game. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by Sponsor’s air travel prize supplier, as detailed in the passenger ticket contract issued by such supplier. In the event the Grand Prize winner and/or his or her guest engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send Grand Prize winner and/or his or her guest home with no further compensation.
First Prizes (2): An LG Washer and Dryer. ARV: $2,200 each set.
Second Prizes (6): 42" LG Cinema 3D TV. ARV: $1200 each.
Third Prizes (15): Nitro HD (Model P930 phone only). ARV: $549.99 each.
Fourth Prizes (100): A $100 NCAAShop Gift Card. ARV: $100 each.
Fifth Prizes (15): LG Tone stereo Blue tooth headset (Model HBS-700 headset only). ARV: $69.99 each.
Total ARV of all prizes: $37,749.70.
Sponsor is not responsible for providing cabinetry or the installation of the prizes. Manufacturer’s standard written limited warranty will apply. Sponsor shall be responsible for shipping and delivery to winner’s primary residence within the continental United States only. All taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not expressly provided for herein, are solely the responsibility of the winner, including without limitation, any costs of installation, activation, monthly service, message and data service charges, etc. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied by Sponsor, except Sponsor’s standard written warranty included in the prize packaging. Gift cards are subject to terms and conditions as specified by issuer. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners may not give, barter, exchange, substitute, sell, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes and all other costs associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including any installation are solely the responsibility of the winner.
6) CONDUCT: This Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws/regulations. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. These Official Rules are accessible from lg.com/ncaa throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual suspected of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND COSTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for entries that may be late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or for any unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled, or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction, or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, cable, Internet Service Providers (ISP), Telephone Service Providers (TSP), servers, computers, or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or any combination thereof; (e) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person's electronic device and/or computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download any materials in the Sweepstakes, or; (f) lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled entries, “likes” or email. The Sweepstakes Entities are also not responsible for any other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the sweepstakes, the processing of entries and/or “likes”, the cancellation or postponement of any 2012 NCAA Men’s Final Four, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes in whole or in part and, if cancelled or terminated, to select the potential winner(s) for the drawing(s) at issue in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received for the applicable drawing(s) as of the action requiring such termination. ENTRANTS, BY PARTICIPATING, AGREE THAT THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY, FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DEATH, TO PERSONS, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE (INCLUDING ANY TRAVEL/ACTIVITY RELATED THERETO OR USE OF RENTAL VEHICLE) OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
8) ENTRANT RELEASES: EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES (I) TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING ON ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES, AND (II) TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, ISP OR TSP AND FACEBOOK FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY ACTIVITY RELATED THERETO. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” EXCEPT FOR ANY MANUFACTURERS’ LIMITED WARRANTY WHICH MAY ACCOMPANY A PRODUCT. THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL BE (1) GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY WITHOUT REGARD TO CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW PRINCIPLES (WHETHER OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY OR ANY OTHER JURISDICTION), WHICH WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF THE LAWS OF ANY JURISDICTION OTHER THAN THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY; (2) ANY DISPUTE, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED IN ANY WAY WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND BROUGHT EXCLUSIVELY IN A FEDERAL OR STATE COURT IN THE COUNTY OF BERGEN IN THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY; (3) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR COURT COSTS; AND (4) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. Except for residents of Tennessee and where prohibited by law, each winner grants to Sponsor the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter known and without limitation the winner’s name, address (city and state), voice, statements, picture, or other likeness, without additional compensation, notification or permission, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes as may be determined by Sponsor.
10) WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners, available after April 20, 2012, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Do March Right Sweepstakes Winners, P.O. Box 1052, Midlothian, VA 23113, for receipt no later than May 31, 2011.
11) SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by LG Electronics USA, Inc., Official Corporate Partner of the NCAA®, 1000 Sylvan Avenue, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632 and is administered by PowerPact, LLC, 2909 Polo Parkway, Midlothian, VA 23113. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion must be directed to the Sponsor, and not to Facebook. The NCAA is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes. NCAA and Final Four are registered trademarks of the National Collegiate Athletic Association.