Rated 5 out of 5 by PA Dad Great Family Refrigerator!
Love it. The Door-inDoor feature is amazing. Don;t know how we lived without it. For any family with kids its a slam-dunk.
January 24, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Coppertone288 Large Fridge!
Very spacious fridge! The door in door is very convenient as well. I've owned the fridge for about 8 months now and I do not have a single complaint. I also do not use the ice maker as much so I do not relate to the other reviewers concerns.
January 24, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by UNCFAN-77 A great unit
The reviews were all good on this unit including Consumers Report. Luckily, I found a display unit on clearance at an amazing price. We are very happy. It does have a couple of shortcomings like a small icemaker but then what refrige is totally perfect? Great size fridge and freezer. Well lit. QUIET! I look forward to many good years with this.
January 7, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Double D BEST REFRIGERATOR EVER
This fridge from LG has it all if you want lots of room and quiet operation than this fridge is for you.. It has it all including storage space galore.. Freezer is Amazing !!!
If you entertain a lot this fridge will handle the Largest Crowd. Take My Word you will not be Sorry....
LG REALLY CREATED A MASTERPIECE
January 2, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by livnlrg8 Awesome!
I have only had this refrigerator for 2 days. So far, my wife and I LOVE IT! The lighting is better than my car headlights. Everytime I open it, I feel like I am looking into a space ship. I took everything out from my old side by side that was packed FULL. It didn't even fill up half of this refrigerator. The ice is pretty neat too; it is little cubes versus the thin type of most refrigerators. IT is HUGE, so make sure you have the room to get it in your doors at home BEFORE you buy.. We almost had to take the doors off the fridge to get it in. The ice maker is small, but that is not something that wasn't noticeable in the store. LOVE the door in door feature as well. OVERALL, we love this fridge and anticipate loving it for a long time.
December 22, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Scott Overall, very pleased.
I am pleased with this refrigerator - cooling ability, spacious, different sections, lighting, quietness.
The only thing I need to get used to is the need to open both main doors to put in or take out items that are not just a simple bottle or jar, such as a casserole dish.
November 20, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by DT Good unit but lacking in some features
It is a good unit but could use some enhancements in terms of features:
1. Ice machine very small for the size of the refrigerator and has hard time keeping up with demand for 2 people (big issue)
2. Temperature display shows what the unit is set for rather than the actual temperature inside the fridge & freezer (fairly big issue)
3. Filters (water & air) do not have easy access per some of the other manufacturers models.
4. Temperature has to be raised above recommended level or outside door compartment will experience spoilage.
5. Middle drawer would have greater functionality if it could be opened from outside rather than inside refrigerator.
November 14, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by QRichardQ We love it, but...
We really like our LG fridge. The capacity, the features, even the lighting are a pleasure. It also works well. That said, there were a couple of silly decisions made in crafting the machine:
1. The control panel allows you to easily adjust the temperature in both parts of the machine, with an illuminated readout that appears for bit each time a door is opened. But the readout tells you the temps you have SET, NOT the temps in the boxes. It clearly knows what those are in order to cycle the compressor. Instead, the manual recommends that you buy a thermometer and place it in the refrigerator. Dumb. (This smacks of the legal department tampering with design.)
2. The door-in-door feature is very handy. We use it more than we anticipated that we would. Obviously, it is aimed at frequently grabbed convenience items like beverages. Why then is the tallest shelf in the door just a hair too short for 2-liter soda bottles? Dumb.
One can easily survive around these two feature flaws. It's just a shame to mar an otherwise well though out design.
November 13, 2014