How to Use LG ThinQ
■ Starting from ThinQ app’s “Connect Product“ page, user followed on-screen instructions but the page froze at Wi-Fi connection step.
- On which screen are you experiencing the problem?
* Customer : It stops at “Connect Product” Step 1(or Step 2) page.
1) Unplug the power cord or use a circuit breaker to power off your product, wait 30 seconds, and resume following the on-screen instructions.
- Switch to Wi-Fi mode (Wi-Fi antenna will blink) and retry your product registration.
2) When retrying after rebooting power, does the screen freezes at Step 1(or Step 2) again?
- In your smartphone’s Wi-Fi settings, do you see ‘LG_Smart_~~~~’ Wi-Fi network?
① If you can see the Wi-Fi network name - Enter the password by repeating the last 4 letters of Wi-Fi name twice.
② If you cannot see the Wi-Fi network name - Please contact LG service center and say that your Wi-Fi module is not working properly.
* This is the case which the Wi-Fi module does not switch to SoftAP mode even after rebooting power. As the fault most likely lies on the module itself, a service
technician needs to verify the problem.
- Connect Product progress stops on either of the screens below.
3)As product registration may not work due to a security app or other apps on your smartphone, switch to airplane mode and then register the product.
- When switching to airplane mode, connect to Wi-Fi.
- Switching to airplane mode will block the user from making or receiving calls.
* Preparation steps to connect product
- For products that go through step 1 to 3 stops at step 1.
- For products that go through step 1 to 4 stops at step 2.