(LG)Fouani Nigeria Teams Up With Zenith Insurance to Give Insurance Cover on its Merchandise


Fouani Nigeria Limited, distributor of LG Electronics has announced its partnership with Zenith General Insurance to offer its customers cover against fire and accidental damage to electronics purchased from any of their outlets. The pact was signed with the insurance firm with the aim of providing premium service to customers- especially purchasers of LG Products as the electronics giant deepens its penetration in Nigerian market.

According to Mr. Hari Elluru, Head of Corporate Marketing, LG Electronics, West Africa Operations, “With the ever-changing tech world we live in, customers are buying and gifting new gadgets and electronics more often than ever. Plus, many of these items are a big investment. It’s important to make sure new home electronics are covered with electronics insurance and that is why we have decided to provide this service to our customers. LG delivers an all-in-one solution to ensure that our customers enjoy premium service.

“As a customer-centric brand, we pay attention to the needs and aspirations of our customers. We are enriching lives through our products and want to ensure that our customers don’t have to worry about anything while enjoying their products. When we promise, we deliver. And this is a demonstration of our commitment to enhance our consumer lifestyle in Nigeria”, he said.

Commenting on the partnership, Mr. Mohammed Fouani, Managing Director Fouani Nigeria Ltd said the cover is applicable for first year of product purchase. To avail this cover, the customer has to pay only 3% of the product cost as Insurance premium, which is charged at the point of purchasing the product. At the time of repair or replacement of damaged item, 20% cost will be borne by the customer while Zenith Insurance will cover the remaining 80%.

Speaking on the special offer, Mr. Mohammed Fouani said “Free Insurance package will be provided for a period of one week on the purchase of LG OLED TVs, Instaview and TWINWash at any Fouani Nigeria Ltd stores.

“In the event of accidental damage to the insured item, the insured must immediately notify Fouani. Notification by the insured must be made within a maximum of 3 days from the date of accidental damage.

“After due notification, Fouani can proceed with replacement or repair, following the presentation of original purchase receipt, estimate or repairs/repairs cost and duly completed form”, Mr Fouani explained.

On terms and conditions, Mr. Kehinde Borisade, Managing Director of Zenith Insurance explained that the insurance covers fire and accident damage to household electronics, phones, tablets and computers; especially of the LG brand, purchased from Fouani Nigeria Ltd. It covers for 12 months effective from the date the insurance is activated. Damaged items will be replaced/repaired based on Fouani's assessment.

He added that “customer bears 20% of the value of replacement or repair of product(s). However, the insurance cover does not include theft of the item(s) and item(s) insured can only be claimed for, once”.

Fouani Nigeria Ltd is the major distributor of LG Electronics products in Nigeria with showrooms located in Lagos and across other states in Nigeria.