For effective washing performance always load your dishwasher properly. And make sure to do the following before loading your dishwasher.
- Remove large particles of food debris from dishware (including bones, etc.).
Items with burnt on food should be soaked prior to washing.
- Make sure all items are dishwasher safe.
- And avoid nesting dishware whenever possible.
- Have adjustable tines that can fold up or down to fit various sized dishes which can help configure the rack for your load type.
- Starting with the lower rack, insert plates and soup bowls and lids positioned upright.
- Fold down the tines to place larger dishes like pots and pans placed upside down and make sure that all items do not touch each other.
- Load cookie sheets, cake pans, and other large items on the sides or back of the rack so they do not interfere with the rotation of the spray arms and do not prevent the detergent dispenser from opening.
- The silverware basket is removable and by using the handle you can lift the basket to load your utensils into the separators to prevent nesting, insuring proper cleaning. Remember to load sharp items, such as knives, pointing down.
- Next is the upper rack. Use the upper rack for smaller delicate items.
- Small plates should be positioned upright and facing the center of the rack.
- Cups, saucers, small bowls, and glasses must be positioned upside down in the rows between the rack tines to help avoid nesting.
- Some models have stemware holders that provide support for long stem glasses which can also be folded up to make way for taller glasses. [*Not all models are equipped with stemware holders. Check your owner's manual for more information.]
- The upper rack is also adjustable with 3 available height positions to create more space.
- To lower the upper rack hold the rack at the center of each side hand grip to support its weight. Then push the button on each side to release the rack and lower its position.
- When raising the rack lift until it locks into place in one of the upper positions.
- Be sure to empty the upper rack before raising or lowering the upper rack.
- Also make sure the bottom of the upper rack and the lower rack do not interfere with the rotation of the spray arms when loaded.
- Adjust the height when necessary.
- The cutlery rack is suited for flatware and most cooking and serving utensils, small prep bowls, and lids. [*Not all models have a cutlery rack. Check your owner's manual for more information.]
- The separators on the cutlery rack help keep flatware separated to avoid damage and improve cleaning.
- The tray on the lefts side can be adjusted to a high or low position to accommodate utensils or cutlery of different sizes.
- You can adjust the tray by sliding the lever.
- The entire cutlery rack can be removed if more space is needed for the upper rack.
- Fully extend the rack and lift up from the front until the rollers clear the rails.
- To reinstall, follow the same steps in reverse.
Thank you for watching our customer support video, we hope you enjoy your LG experience.