Water drips from the front or one side of the indoor unit. Why?
Water leaks from the front or on one side of the indoor unit.
1. Water may drip from the front or a side when the drain hose is not installed properly.
Please make sure the drain hose is placed as it should be.
2. Water may leak if the indoor unit is not level.
3. Water may leak from the indoor unit as a drain pump cannot run.
▶ Water may drip from the front or a side when the drain hose is not installed properly.
How to install a drain hose properly.
1. Make sure the outdoor drain hose is higher than the indoor drain hose.
2. Do not submerge the end of the hose in water.
3. Do not bend the drain hose.
4. Install the rain trap.
5. Do not install the drain hose horizontally for more than two meters.
7. Do not place the end of the drain hose into a drink bottle or a vase.
8. End of the drain hose should not be submerged in sewer.
9. Gap should be allowed between the end of the drain hose and the ground.
10. Make sure the end of the drain hose is not rolled upward.
11. Drain hose should not sit horizontally on the ground.
12. Drain hose should run downwards.
※Be careful as water may drip if cautions above are not followed.
※Adjust the extension hose by making a hole where water leak does not affect the product performance or cause Property damages.
※Do not connect the drain hose to the sewer or a kitchen sink. Foul odors can occur.
▶ Water may leak if the indoor unit is not level.
How to fix
Please contact the installer if the product has been recently purchased.
<Check if the unit is level.>
▶ Water may leak from the indoor unit as a drain pump cannot run.
How to fix
1. If a drain pump was installed additionally due to a shortage of space when an air conditioner was installed,
please contact the seller or installer for technical assistance.
2. Drain pumps are not manufactured and sold by LG Electronics but some technicians install the drain pumps
to enhance user convenience by purchasing them from other manufacturers.
LG Electronics does not hold liabilities for the drain pumps.
<Drain pump leaks>