Why do I hear humming/buzzing noises from the indoor unit?
I hear humming noises from my indoor unit.
1. Clogged air filter will cause humming noise from the indoor unit.
You may hear the noise when the inner motor runs.
2. Drain pump of the air conditioner works with the motor. Gurgling sound can occur when the motor sends water out.
▶ Clogged air filter will cause humming noise from the indoor unit.
How to clean an air filter
1. Open up the front panel to find the filter.
2. Take out the filter. Wash with water and dry completely in shade. Place it back in before use.
※ Please clean the filter every two weeks to maintain the product performance.
▶ How to clean the air filter in the wall-mounted unit
1. Pull the front panel forward with both hands.
2. Press the hook to fix the front panel.
3. Remove the air filter.
4. Give the filter a good clean with a vacuum cleaner or a soft brush
(Washing with water helps to remove heavy soils).
5. Dry completely in shade. Place back the filter in and close the front panel.
※ Assemble in reverse order.
▶ Drain pump of the air conditioner works with the motor.
Gurgling sound can occur when the motor sends water out.
※ What is the drain pump?
The drain pump is installed to drain the water if the condensate water is not naturally drained.
LG electronics provides the customers with drain pumps manufactured by other brands for the air conditioner installation,
and LG Electronics cannot be held responsible for repair of the pump.
How to fix
You may hear the noises as water from the product is drained.
Please be assured that it is safe to use the product.
If you find the noise is abnormally high, please contact the service center.
<Drain pump installation>