LG Electronics standard warranty
LG Electronics provides product warranties in line with the consumer protection laws of the countries set out below, as relevant to the product at issue.
General framework of standard warranty
Our authorized sellers promise to repair purchasers’ LG-brand products free of charge when such products have been used under normal conditions and if such products are defective in terms of quality, performance, or function. The period during which such warranty will be in place will be calculated based on the product’s purchase date. The purchase date is determined using i) the product’s original proof-or-purchase document issued by the authorized seller and ii) the product warranty card the purchaser received upon purchasing the product. This warranty is only applicable to products purchased from our authorized sellers in the countries listed in the chart below. Such countries include countries in the Gulf and in the Caucasus.
For this warranty to apply, the person who brings the product to be serviced must be the person who originally purchased the product from the authorized seller. The repairs must be conducted by i) a service center that is authorized by us or ii) our authorized seller’s service center (either is a “Servicer”). Also, the purchaser must bring the product to a Servicer located in the country in which the purchaser purchased the product. The purchaser must present the Servicer with the original proof-of-purchase document and original product warranty card. If the purchaser does not provide the original proof-of-purchase document or the original product warranty card, this warranty will not apply and the Servicer will have the right to decline to service the product. The product’s original LG model and serial tag must be on the product and visible, as the Servicer will take a photo of the Serial Tag for record purposes. Unfortunately, this warranty cannot apply to products with defaced or missing serial tags. This warranty does not apply to products that have been refurbished or to products purchased second-hand.
The Warranty Does not cover any of the following:
- Products where the serial number has been removed or made illegible.
- Maintenance, repair or replacement of parts or consumables due to normal wear and tear.
- Repair of cosmetic or physical damage.
- Breakage or damage to antennas unless cause by defect in material or workmanship.
- If the battery short circuits or the seals of the battery are broken or show evidence of tampering or the battery was used in equipment in a manner other than that which has been specified.
- Defects or damage resulting from breakage or tampering with the LCD screen
- Accident, neglect, misuse or Act of God
- Alterations or repairs made by someone other than an LG Authorized Service Centre
- Unauthorized modifications or other acts, including spills of food or liquid, or external interference which is not a manufacturing or material fault
- Use of the product beyond its intended purpose.
- Damage or defects caused by use of or in connection with accessories, software and/or services not manufactured, supplied or authorized by LG
Products the purchaser purchased secondhand, counterfeit products, and products purchased from someone other than an authorized seller are excluded from this warranty. We are not responsible for any loss in relation to products not covered by this warranty.
This warranty applies to products purchased by end-user consumers. For products purchased for commercial use, such as Hotel TVs, Signage and Information Display products, Central Air Conditioners, etc., the applicable warranty provisions will be as per the relevant sales agreement.
For additional warranty terms and conditions, please refer to the product warranty card that came with the product at the time of purchase. The information herein is only a guide. Terms and conditions applicable to could vary depending on the specific product and model. If you need assistance with your product please refer to your manual, visit our Support page or you can contact our Customer Care Team.