Quick maintenance. Years of reliability
In life we learn early that it's better to be safe than sorry. And with your refrigerator it shouldn't be different. Even though your refrigerator is so reliable it comes with a 10-year warranty on the linear compressor, taking a few minutes from time to time to check on basic functions will keep your investment running even longer.
Tips for Cleaning
Caring for Your Freezer
*Available on select models
TIPS FOR CLEANING YOUR LG REFRIGERATOR
Even if it's been a while, cleaning your LG refrigerator is fairly easy. You'll need some gloves, detergent, baking soda, vinegar, and clean, warm water. Ready to start? Let's go.
- Before you begin to clean your refrigerator, turn the temperature control to "off" so you won't overwork the linear compressor, which is the refrigerator motor.
- Remove everything from your fridge so you can identify anything that has spoiled or expired. If you don't know for how long something has been in there, you'd be better off throwing it out too.
- Use a cooler to keep everything you're not throwing out cool while you clean. It's ok if you don't have a cooler large enough. Improvise by using a large cardboard box with a towel on the bottom and another on top.
- Remove shelves, baskets and racks. Put them all to soak (maybe in your bathtub?) while you clean the rest of the fridge.
- Wipe down the entire inside of the refrigerator using a dishcloth and a mild solution of warm water and detergent. Remember to clean the door shelves, the rubber seal around the door and where the door seal touches the refrigerator.
- Use vinegar with a clean cloth for tough stains. Rub in a circular motion. Prefer vinegar to bleach or other chemicals because it's a natural, safe cleaner.
- Mix about ¼ cup of baking soda with a half gallon of warm water and use it to wipe down the inside of the refrigerator and then rinse and wipe dry. This will help eliminate odors.
- Remember those shelves and baskets you put to soak? Let's go back to them. Rinse them thoroughly, wipe them dry and put them all back in the refrigerator, just like you found them.
- Put all that food back where it belongs, but not before wiping off glass jars and plastic containers with warm water and a dishcloth.
- Turn your refrigerator temperature control back to the recommended setting and let's clean the exterior.
- If you have a painted or plastic exterior refrigerator, use a solution of warm water, detergent and a sponge to clean it. Then use a damp cloth to rinse and a soft cloth to dry it. If you have stainless steel or any other type of metal exterior, use a mineral oil based stainless steel cleaner.
Back to top
CARING FOR YOUR LG REFRIGERATOR'S FREEZER
Every now and then, it's a good idea to check on a few things to make sure your freezer keeps working just as it should. Frost may build up, water lines can get bumped and even simple things like the ice bin overflowing could turn into more serious issues if they go unchecked for too long.
Back to top