Ditch the blue cheese and embrace the spicy, savory goodness of this non-traditional nosh.
Serves: MAKES 8 SERVINGS
Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 30 minutes
Grill: 5 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Using kitchen shears remove wing tips and discard.
2. Cut remaining pieces in half. Spray a sheet pan with nonstick spray and arrange chicken wings in single layer.
3. Bake wings for 30 minutes, turning once. Transfer wings to a disposable aluminum pan.
4. In a small bowl, combine hot sauce and butter. Drizzle over wings and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
5. Transfer wings to tailgate. Place aluminum pan on medium grill and stir for about 5 minutes until butter has melted.
6. Transfer wings to grill rack over medium heat. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 15 minutes until heated through and browned.
7. Return to pan and toss with remaining butter sauce.
8. Serve with celery sticks and Cool Cucumber Dip.
Excerpted from the magazine, Sandra Lee Magazine Jan/Feb 2013, by Sandra Lee. Copyright © 2013 Sandra Lee and TV Guide Magazine.