The savory sweetness of sautéed onions merge with the hearty warmth of cheese and eggs. Divine.
Serves: MAKES ONE, 9-INCH QUICHE
Total Time: 45 min
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
3. Add the onions and sauté stirring frequently, until golden and very soft (caramelized), about 15 minutes.
4. Remove and set aside.
5. Whisk together the heavy cream, milk, eggs, salt, and pepper in medium bowl.
6. Stir the reserved caramelized onions and 1 cup of the cheese into the egg mixture.
7. Pour the egg mixture evenly into the pie crust.
8. Sprinkle the remaining cheese evenly over the top of the quiche.
9. Set the quiche pan on a baking sheet and bake until a knife blade inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
10. If the pie crust begins to over brown, cover edges of the pie crust with strips of aluminum foil or pie shields.
11. Remove the quiche from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
12. Let the quiche rest at least 20 minutes before cutting in pieces. Serve hot, warm, or room temperature