Do the fondue! The party ritual of the 60s and 70s is back in all its glory. We're melting hearts – and chocolate – with a heavenly dessert laced with Grand Marnier.
Serves: MAKES 6 SERVINGS
1. Combine the melted chocolates and keep warm.
2. Bring the heavy cream, orange zest, salt, and honey to a simmer.
3. Remove from heat and allow the zest to steep for 5 minutes.
4. Strain the mixture into the chocolate and whisk together.
5. Add the Grand Marnier and mix thoroughly.
6. Serve warm in a fondue pot with a variety of foods to dip (e.g. strawberries with the stems on, pitted cherries, sponge cake pieces, apricots, ladyfingers, orange segments, etc.).
Cooking Tip: If omitting the Grand Marnier, substitute an additional 1/4 cup of heavy cream. Variation: For white chocolate fondue, substitute 2-1/2 cups of melted white chocolate for the two chocolates.
Grand Marnier® is a registered trademark of Societe Des Produits Marnier—Lapostolle.