Get ready to fire up your oven for a summertime classic that will have your family coming back for more!
Cook Mode: Broil
Cook Time: 2-3 hours
Serves: MAKES 4-6 SERVINGS
1. Place one oven rack in the middle of the oven and another directly below the broiler. Preheat oven to 250°F
2. Combine brown sugar, coriander, cayenne pepper, black pepper, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder and onion powder in a bowl and mix thoroughly to combine.
3. Place two racks of ribs on a sheet pan and brush the tops with Dijon mustard.
4. Sprinkle half of the rub liberally over ribs, patting it down to assure adherence. Reserve the rest.
5. Cover the sheet pan with aluminum foil, taking care to tent the top, so that the rub does not stick to the foil.
6. Place pan on the center rack of the oven for 2 hours.
7. Remove ribs from the oven. Check for doneness by looking at the larger bones on each rack. The bone should protrude 3/4" to 1 1/2" from the meat
8. Turn the oven broiler onto high and allow to heat up for 5 minutes.
9. Sprinkle the remaining rub over the ribs and pat it down.
10. Place the sheet pan under the broiler and allow for tops of racks to brown and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
11. Allow ribs to sit for 2 to 3 minutes, then cut into 2 or 3 rib portions and serve.