Lemon Ginger Grilled Chicken
A tantalizing detour from everyday grilling, laced with a medley of flavor notes.
Serves: MAKES 8 SERVINGS
Yields: 2 main-dish servings
Total Time: 20 min
- 4 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 Szechwan chile peppers, dried, seeds removed
- 3 pounds chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
1. Combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, ginger, brown sugar, oil, and chiles in a zipper-lock plastic bag.
2. Add the chicken, squeeze out the air, and seal the bag; turn to coat the chicken. Refrigerate, turning the bag occasionally, at least 15 minutes.
3. Spray the grill or broiler rack with nonstick spray. Preheat the grill or broiler on high.
4. If broiling, position the rack about 5 inches from the heat source.
5. Grill or broil the chicken until cooked through, about 10 minutes per side.
6. FROM LEFT: Place the item, presentation side down, on a preheated grill; turn the food over and continue cooking to desired doneness.
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.
LG PRODUCTS HELP YOU COOK IN STYLE