A roasted turkey, simply seasoned and cooked in less than two hours- this will be the easiest and tastiest Thanksgiving yet!
Cook Time: Approximately 2 hours
Yield:12-15 LB. Turkey
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Place mixture in the center of a large piece of plastic wrap, fold the plastic over and press the butter into a cylinder shape. Twist the ends to seal and freeze until solid.
3. Slice into 1/4 inch coins and return to the freezer until ready to use.
1. Preheat oven to 425*F
2. Place thyme and lemons in the cavity of the turkey.
3. Place 3 coins of compound butter under the skin of each breast and one more over each thigh
4. Season turkey with salt, both inside the cavity and on the skin
5. Fold wings behind back and truss bird with cotton butcher’s twine.
6. Place turkey on roasting rack over a roasting pan, filled with 3 cups of water
7. Place turkey on roasting rack over a roasting pan, filled with 3 cups of water
8. Place probe thermometer in deepest part of the turkey breast
9. Roast for 1:45 to 2 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 155*F in the breast and 170*F in the thigh. If the breast browns to quickly during cooking, cover with tin foil to avoid overbrowning.
10. Let rest 10-15 minutes before carving