Your First Wash
Are you ready for the best wash ever? With your new LG washer you'll be taking great care of your clothes and linens from the very first wash. Follow our simple guide to get started.
Know Your Front Control Top Load Washer
You're now a front control top load washer owner, so welcome to a new world of laundry possibilities. As you'll soon find out, there are a lot of differences between your new washer and the washer you grew up with.
- The Basics:
- Top load machines allow you to add a soak option to an existing cycle, unlike front load washers. This means you can soak clothing before active washing for an improved wash performance.
- LG also puts a spin on the regular top load design with front control: by moving the control panel from the back to the front, the buttons and LED display is easier to read and use.
- When it comes to innovation:
- LG front control top load washers have many innovative features, like our energy and money-saving ColdWash™ Technology. ColdWash™ uses the minimum amount of warm water required to activate the detergent combined with its innovative wash motions to deliver warm-water performance and cold-water savings.
Your First Wash, Step-by-Step
Use this helpful guide to make sure everything goes great with your first wash.
GOOD TO KNOW
- Your washer features a folding lid with a hinge that allows you to open it easily, even in tight locations. If you want the lid to remain in a rigid straight position, just use the sliding lock along its side.
- Large items, like sheets and towels, should not be more than half of the total load.
- The washer can be fully loaded, but should not be tightly packed with items. A good rule of thumb is that items do not protrude past the top of the drum so that the lid of the washer will close easily.
- Do not wash single items to prevent out-of-balance load–which will cause vibration and noise. Always add one or two similar items to the load. And, wash large bulky items like blankets, comforters or bedspreads individually.
- Do not wash or spin waterproof clothes.
- Front control high efficiency top load washers circulate the load to ensure all articles get wet and thus use less water. So, if you don't see water during the cycle, don't worry. Your laundry is being well taken care of.