LG FRONT CONTROL TOP LOAD WASHER
OPTIMAL SETUP TIPS
Even if you don't install your washer yourself, there are a few details you should know—in case it needs to be moved, or if there is a blackout. Whatever the circumstances, keep in mind your washer's location, how to minimize noise, and how to connect the water supply. Here you will find a few tips to help ensure the perfect setup.
Choosing the Proper Location
- Make sure it will not be exposed to temperatures below freezing, or exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- The washer needs to be within reach of an outlet—usually 60 inches, or 1.5 meters will do—and the plug easily accessible.
- Don't install in a wet or damp area.
- Hook up one appliance per outlet.
- Do not remove ground prong.
- Avoid using an extension cord and install a circuit breaker if possible.
- Remember to ground it in accordance with current regulations.
- Choose a place where a water supply can be easily connected.
- Do your best to level the washer machine to avoid vibration and noise. Learn how
- Ensure clearance for water lines and airflow by giving at least 1 in. (2.54 cm) at the sides and 4 in. (10 cm) in the back. Wall, door or floor moldings may increase the need for space.
- To open the lid, you'll need at least 15 in (38.1 cm) at the top.
- Note that your front control top load washer has a lid with a hinge, which makes opening it easier and allows it to fit in tighter locations (like under a laundry shelf).
- If you're installing your washer over carpet, make sure the base opening is not obstructed.
Connecting the Water and Drain Lines
Get step-by-step instructions on how to connect a water line
to your washer. Doing it the right way can
increase the life of your washer.
Leveling your Washer
The drum of your new washer can spin at surprisingly high speed—up to 1,100 RPMs. And although it boasts the TrueBalance™ anti-vibration system, you'll need to make sure your washer is level. It will further help to reduce noise and vibration. Here's how:
If you experience any problems setting up your new LG front control top load washer, this feature will allow you to diagnose the problem quickly.
If you do have any problems, or you can't figure out what to do when you get an error code, just use Smart Diagnosis™.
You can either use the free Smart Diagnosis™ App, which helps allow you to diagnose the problem without needing to make a phone call, or you can contact us and use Smart Diagnosis™ over the phone. Our LG Direct Service Technicians at the LG Repair Center will ask you to press a few buttons, and your washer will answer by making a few sounds that will most likely allow us to give you a diagnosis right then and there.
Learn more about Smart Diagnosis™ here