Your LG washer is equipped with all of the latest technology, even when it comes to troubleshooting. We've created Smart Diagnosis™ Technology to help diagnose and solve problems you may have with your washer quickly and correctly.
TROUBLESHOOT WITH AN APP
With the addition of the free LG Smart Laundry & DW app for Android smart phones you can help diagnose problems without ever needing to call an LG representative. This application can record and analyze the special tones emitted by Smart Diagnosis™ washers and can instantly provide you with trouble-shooting steps to get the problem fixed.
LG Washer shown in video may vary from your model.
NOTE: the LG Smart Diagnosis™ app is only available for phones running the Android operating system. It is not available for iPhones.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO USING THE SMART DIAGNOSIS™ VIA THE APP:
If you have a problem with your machine, or can't figure out what to do when you get an error code, simply contact us. Our LG customer service representatives will ask you to press a few buttons, and your washer will emit a tone to communicate operational information that allows us to give you a precise diagnose right there, over the phone.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO USING SMART DIAGNOSIS™ VIA THE PHONE:
- Contact Customer Support at 1-800-243-0000 (1-888-542-2623 in Canada).
- When prompted, press the POWER to turn on the washer.
- When prompted, place the mouthpiece of your phone no more than one inch from the POWER button. NOTE: Do not press any other buttons or turn the cycle selector knob during this time.
- Press and hold the TEMP button, while continuing to hold your phone over the POWER button.
- Listen for three beeps. After you hear the three beeps, release the TEMP button. Keep the phone in place until the tone transmission has finished. This takes about 3 seconds, and the display will count down the time.
- Once the countdown is over and the tones have stopped, resume your conversation with the call center agent, who will then be able to assist you using the information transmitted for analysis at the call center.