UPDATING YOUR FIRMWARE
The firmware that powers your LG OLED TV should be updated from time to time to enhance your experience and improve its operation. Thankfully, this can be done easily and quickly, right at home.
Watch this quick video to learn more. Or follow the easy steps below to get started.
- Press the Home button, wait a moment for the time to disappear, then click on the Settings icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the grey "Advanced" icon down on the bottom right. Alongside the Picture menu that appears you'll see "General," so click on that. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the General menu and click on "About this TV." You'll see your TV's current software version noted here.
- Click the "Check for Updates" button, and your TV will contact LG directly, letting you know if a newer firmware version is available.
- If there is, follow the simple onscreen prompts to download the software, free of charge, and install it.
- The TV will reboot itself as the final step.