50" Class (49.5" Diagonal) 1080p LED TV

• Discontinued Product

• LED Backlighting
  • TruMotion 120Hz
  • Full HD 1080p Resolution
  • Energy Star® Qualified
AVAILABLE SIZES:
SUMMARY
Screen Size 50"
Screen Size Diagonal 49.5"
Resolution 1920 x 1080p
SIMPLINK™ (HDMI™ CEC) Yes
AUDIO
Speaker System 1 Way, 2 Speakers
Audio Output Power (Watts - THD 10%) 10W + 10W
Mono/Stereo/Dual (MTS/SAP) Yes
Virtual Surround Yes
Sound Mode 5 Modes (Standard/Music/Cinema/Sport/Game)
Clear Voice II Yes
CONNECTIVITY
MHL™ Mobile High Definition Link Yes
SIMPLINK™ (HDMI™ CEC) Yes
USB Playback MP3
INPUTS
RF In (Antenna/Cable) 1 (Rear)
AV In 1 (Rear)
Component Video In(Y, Pb, Pr + Audio) 1 (Rear)
HDMI™/HDCP Input 2 (1 Side, 1 Rear)
USB 3.0/2.0 Input 1 (Side)
Digital Audio Out (Optical) 1 (Rear)
RS-232C (Control/Service) 1 (Rear)
POWER
ENERGY STAR® Qualified Yes
Power Supply (Voltage, Hz) 100V ~ 240V, 50/60 Hz
Power Consumption 54.2W
Standby Mode 0.3W
DIMENSIONS / WEIGHTS
TV without Stand (WxHxD) 44.72" x 26.02" x 3.23"
TV with Stand (WxHxD) 44.72" x 28.50" x 10.35"
TV without Stand weight 31.3 lbs
TV with Stand weight 34.4 lbs
TV Shipping Dimensions (WxHxD) 54.13" x 31.89" x 6.89"
Shipping Weight 43.7 lbs
WARRANTY / UPC
Limited Warranty 1 Year Parts & Labor
UPC 719192588356
Screen Size Class (diagonal) 50" Class (49.5" diagonal)
Resolution 1920 x 1080
BLU Type Direct LED
Response Time TruMotion 120Hz
MCI 240
VIDEO
Triple XD™ Engine Yes
Picture Mode 7 Modes (Vivid/Standard/Cinema/Sport/Game/Expert1/Expert2)
Picture Wizard II Yes
Aspect Ratio 6 Modes (16:9, Just Scan, Original, 4:3, Cinema Zoom 1, Zoom)
Just Scan (1:1 Pixel Matching) HDMI/Component/RF - 1080i, 1080p, 720p
AV Mode II (Picture & Sound) 3 Modes (Cinema/Game/Off )
SIDE INPUTS & OUTPUTS
HDMI™/HDCP Input 1
USB 3.0/2.0 Input 1
REAR INPUTS & OUTPUTS
RF In (Antenna/Cable) 1
AV In 1
Component Video In (Y, Pb, Pr) + Audio 1
Digital Audio Out (Optical) 1
HDMI™/HDCP Input 1
RS-232C (Control/Service) via Headphone
CABINET / ACCESSORIES
VESA Standard 400mm x 400mm
Remote Control Yes
Batteries AA x 2

Rated 3 out of 5 by Great price I purchased the LG 50" and loved the price, picture quality Sound needs improvement. August 8, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by Panel FAILED at 13 Months Awful! I purchased this TV and 13 months later, the panel malfunctioned. Service shop could not repair it. There are others who have reported short panel life for this LG TV. I will not ever purchase an LG TV again. July 24, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by LED Backlight died after 14 months LED Backlight went out 14 months after a purchased it. This is the second LG TV in last years that died on me. Luckily, I purchased a extended warranty. July 13, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Great quality at great price Picture is bright and clear, very sharp. I have an antenna for local stations that is run through my computer and Dish satellite service. So, I have to use 2 of the inputs and both work beautifully and are easy to switch between. I wanted a 42" screen and they were hard to find. LG had one and I will go to them first the next time I buy this or any electronics or appliances. Pricing is very competitive and reasonable. July 11, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Good TV Purchased this TV in 5/2015. As of date I'm pleased with it. July 2, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Love this TV The pic is bright and so clear you can see people make up on live TV this is the bomb BUT!!!!! THE Speakers in the back to turn it up to hear it behind the set is deafening so I have to buy the LG sound bar to get the sound out the front ...that is much better .. the sound bad speaker underneath is exposed and the bass make the tv stand vibrate but all and all the tv is my baby June 19, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by LG 47" Piece of garbage This TV died after 1 year and 360 days... DO NO BUY THIS June 7, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by bright and clear Very clear and bright screen. Always smooth with no motion blur. Watching movies is a pleasure on this tv. It doesnt have alot of un-needed plastic around edge of screen. And the remote also works with my LG bluray player. The only thing that it could use is another hdmi. Otherwise, wonderful. June 2, 2015
  • 2015-08-12T12:39:28.784-05:00
  • bvseo_lps, prod_bvrr, vn_prr_5.6
  • cp-1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_484, tr_484
  • loc_en_US, sid_MD05029441, prod, sort_default
2 3 4 5 ... 17 Next>>

Is this TV able to swivel on its stand? If so how?

1 year, 1 month ago
micuyler
Brooklyn, NY, USA

Please wait while more information about micuyler is loaded.
Additional information about micuyler could not be loaded.

The tv does not swivel, stand is stationary. Frame of the base is metal, so quite sturdy
TimY
Cumming, GA

Please wait while more information about TimY is loaded.
Additional information about TimY could not be loaded.

We appreciate your interest in this television. Our specifications do not suggest the ability for the unit to swivel on its stand.
1 year, 1 month ago

Need to copy and paste with the remote

I'm trying to send emails on my TV using the remote. I want to be able to copy and paste onto my message box, but I don't know how to get that option. Is that something that I can do with my remote?
2 years, 3 months ago
Sundaes
Seattle, WA

Please wait while more information about Sundaes is loaded.
Additional information about Sundaes could not be loaded.

We appreciate your interest in this options and features of this television. The remote control does not have the option available to highlight text and Copy/Paste it.
2 years, 3 months ago

-1point

How do I connect Headset to my new Lg 50LN5400 TV?

My headset has a base with a red and white plug. the base sits next to the TV and the earphones are wireless..
2 years ago
Purpleviewer
Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Please wait while more information about Purpleviewer is loaded.
Additional information about Purpleviewer could not be loaded.

We appreciate your interest in this television. Unfortunately, the 50LN5400 does not have a connection available by which it might send an audio signal to another device (headset) using RED/WHITE audio cables. The only audio output on this TV is the OPTICAL Digital Audio Output jack.
2 years ago

Proper screw size for mounting?

What is the right screw size/thread for mounting this tv to a free standing swivel tv stand? I just purchased this tv to replace my old 37 inch but the thread on the screws is bigger than the thread on the new LG. I'm not concerned about weight because the old 37 inch tv weighed almost 42lbs and this new LG only weighs 31, my only concern was finding the right screw so I do not damage the tv.
Interested in: Troubleshooting
2 years ago
JB22
Cleveland, OH, USA

Please wait while more information about JB22 is loaded.
Additional information about JB22 could not be loaded.

We appreciate your interest in this television. According to page 15 of the owner’s manual, The 50LN5400 TV will require four M6 machine screws. The length of the screws will depend upon any spacers that might be in use with this mounting bracket, as well as the thickness of the bracket itself.
2 years ago

Setting program doesn't highlight close caption.
Interested in: Troubleshooting
ladydi
Coatesville, PA 19320, USA

Please wait while more information about ladydi is loaded.
Additional information about ladydi could not be loaded.

If the option for the close caption is greyed out then you would have to look for options to enable captions depending on the connection that you have. If you are using a cable or satellite box or a convertor box, the boxes should have an option to activate captions. You may need to contact the provider or manufacturer. If you are using standard cable or an antenna, the coaxial cable must be connected to the television’s tuner. If the TV is not tuning the stations, it cannot provide the captions.
GlennM

Please wait while more information about GlennM is loaded.
Additional information about GlennM could not be loaded.
  • 2015-08-12T12:40:10.990-05:00