55" Class (54.6" Diagonal) 1080p LED TV

• Discontinued Product

• LED Backlighting
  • TruMotion 120Hz
  • Full HD 1080p Resolution
  • Energy Star® Qualified
AVAILABLE SIZES:
SUMMARY
Screen Size 55"
Screen Size Diagonal 54.6"
Resolution 1920 x 1080p
Display Type LED
TruMotion (Frame Rate) 120 Hz
Triple XD™ Engine Yes
Full HD 1080 Yes
No. of HDMI Ports 2
USB 3.0/2.0 Yes
MHL™ Mobile High Definition Link Yes
SIMPLINK™ (HDMI™ CEC) Yes
AUDIO
Speaker System 1 Way, 2 Speakers
Audio Output Power (Watts - THD 10%) 10W + 10W
Mono/Stereo/Dual (MTS/SAP) Yes
Virtual Surround Yes
Sound Mode 5 Modes (Standard/Music/Cinema/Sport/Game)
Clear Voice II Yes
CONNECTIVITY
MHL™ Mobile High Definition Link Yes
SIMPLINK™ (HDMI™ CEC) Yes
USB Playback MP3
INPUTS
RF In (Antenna/Cable) 1 (Rear)
AV In 1 (Rear)
Component Video In(Y, Pb, Pr + Audio) 1 (Rear)
HDMI™/HDCP Input 2 (1 Side, 1 Rear)
USB 3.0/2.0 Input 1 (Side)
Digital Audio Out (Optical) 1 (Rear)
RS-232C (Control/Service) 1 (Rear)
POWER
ENERGY STAR® Qualified Yes
Power Supply (Voltage, Hz) 100V ~ 240V, 50/60 Hz
Power Consumption 58.9W
Standby Mode 0.3W
DIMENSIONS / WEIGHTS
TV without Stand (WxHxD) 49.17" x 28.54" x 3.11"
TV with Stand (WxHxD) 49.17"x 31.14"x11.69"
TV without Stand weight 41.2 lbs
TV with Stand weight 45.9 lbs.
TV Shipping Dimensions (WxHxD) 61.02" x 33.07" x 8.27"
Shipping Weight 59.8 lbs.
WARRANTY / UPC
Limited Warranty 1 Year Parts & Labor
UPC 719192588349
Screen Size Class (diagonal) 55" Class (54.6" diagonal)
Resolution 1920 x 1080
BLU Type Direct LED
Response Time TruMotion 120Hz
MCI 240
VIDEO
Triple XD™ Engine Yes
Picture Mode 7 Modes (Vivid/Standard/Cinema/Sport/Game/Expert1/Expert2)
Picture Wizard II Yes
Aspect Ratio 6 Modes (16:9, Just Scan, Original, 4:3, Cinema Zoom 1, Zoom)
Just Scan (1:1 Pixel Matching) HDMI/Component/RF - 1080i, 1080p, 720p
AV Mode II (Picture & Sound) 3 Modes (Cinema/Game/Off )
SIDE INPUTS & OUTPUTS
HDMI™/HDCP Input 1
USB 3.0/2.0 Input 1
REAR INPUTS & OUTPUTS
RF In (Antenna/Cable) 1
AV In 1
Component Video In (Y, Pb, Pr) + Audio 1
Digital Audio Out (Optical) 1
HDMI™/HDCP Input 1
RS-232C (Control/Service) via Headphone
CABINET / ACCESSORIES
VESA Standard 400mm x 400mm
Remote Control Yes
Batteries AA x 2

Rated 4 out of 5 by Great Buy Got a great deal price wise on this model, very easy to set up, nice clear picture, and would recommend to anyone looking to buy this model. August 20, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Good TV Purchased this TV in 5/2015. As of date I'm pleased with it. July 2, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by Great price I purchased the LG 50" and loved the price, picture quality Sound needs improvement. August 8, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Love this TV The pic is bright and so clear you can see people make up on live TV this is the bomb BUT!!!!! THE Speakers in the back to turn it up to hear it behind the set is deafening so I have to buy the LG sound bar to get the sound out the front ...that is much better .. the sound bad speaker underneath is exposed and the bass make the tv stand vibrate but all and all the tv is my baby June 19, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by Panel FAILED at 13 Months Awful! I purchased this TV and 13 months later, the panel malfunctioned. Service shop could not repair it. There are others who have reported short panel life for this LG TV. I will not ever purchase an LG TV again. July 24, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by LED Backlight died after 14 months LED Backlight went out 14 months after a purchased it. This is the second LG TV in last years that died on me. Luckily, I purchased a extended warranty. July 13, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Great quality at great price Picture is bright and clear, very sharp. I have an antenna for local stations that is run through my computer and Dish satellite service. So, I have to use 2 of the inputs and both work beautifully and are easy to switch between. I wanted a 42" screen and they were hard to find. LG had one and I will go to them first the next time I buy this or any electronics or appliances. Pricing is very competitive and reasonable. July 11, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Hit the spot This TV rocks! I didn't want a smart tv due to already having an Xbox that would do all those extra features. Plus it doesn't ping/search for wifi so i'm not competing with another device while I am using the TV. The picture quality is awesome, and the thickness is thin. Everything about the TV hits the spot that I was looking for in a TV, especially with gaming and movies. I am very happy about my purchase. Thanks LG! May 9, 2015
  • 2015-08-27T13:35:38.540-05:00
  • bvseo_lps, prod_bvrr, vn_prr_5.6
  • cp-1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_486, tr_486
  • loc_en_US, sid_MD05029440, prod, sort_default
2 3 4 5 ... 17 Next>>

does it just simulate a double scan rate on sports.. or does it work more for movies with scan rates of 24
2 years, 2 months ago
jmh00

Please wait while more information about jmh00 is loaded.
Additional information about jmh00 could not be loaded.
+2points

LG's product support page for this TV mentions that Trumotion can be adjusted between different levels and even turned off. There is not user manual to see if these settings are there but the the customer service rep for LG above says that it cannot, conflicting information :/ it would be nice if the TV had this capability.
JohnnySmith

Please wait while more information about JohnnySmith is loaded.
Additional information about JohnnySmith could not be loaded.

We appreciate your interest in this television and its features. That which you have stated is correct; there is no setting to adjust the TruMotion feature. This is normal operation. The feature is designed to smooth the transition between video frames. This feature is set to its LOW operational setting at the factory, and set as a default process.
2 years, 2 months ago

-7points
mikeyc
Ewing Township, NJ, USA

Please wait while more information about mikeyc is loaded.
Additional information about mikeyc could not be loaded.

Yes, I believe so.
Gender: female
lj63
East Berlin, PA, USA

Please wait while more information about lj63 is loaded.
Additional information about lj63 could not be loaded.

Yes. I do recommend taking the TV information with you when you look at different sound bars, so you will know exactly how you will be connecting the two together, depending on what else you have connected to your tv.
DanD2
Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Please wait while more information about DanD2 is loaded.
Additional information about DanD2 could not be loaded.
Brightness
Response time
Viewing angle
Contrast ratio
Resolution
Interested in: Specifications
2 years, 5 months ago
EdIII
NH

Please wait while more information about EdIII is loaded.
Additional information about EdIII could not be loaded.
-1point

In all of the above categories, I find my LED TV could not be better. I can see a very clear, bright picture from any angle in my large (29 ft. long) living area.
Gender: female
2 years, 4 months ago
JLPMM
Cape Canaveral, FL

Please wait while more information about JLPMM is loaded.
Additional information about JLPMM could not be loaded.

The Digital audio out does not work.

I just bought this TV and at the same time bought a Bose Solo TV sound system. When I tried to hook the units I used a Digital Optical cable, but there was no sound. What I had to do was hook the Bose system in to the Cox Cable Box. I have good sound know . Is this how I will have to use? Thank You
2 years, 1 month ago
Bayley

Please wait while more information about Bayley is loaded.
Additional information about Bayley could not be loaded.

We regret the inconvenience you have experienced with this television. Once the OPTICAL Audio connection has been made between the TV and the Home Theater System, access the SOUND menu on the TV. One of its options is the SOUND OUT setting. Change this setting to EXTERNAL SPEAKER (OPTICAL/HDMI ARC). You may also have to adjust the following DIGITAL SOUND OUT setting. If you have additional questions, please contact our Customer Interactive Center at 800-243-0000.
2 years, 1 month ago

+2points

What are wall mounting dimensions 55 LN5400?

how far from top of TV is the first pair of mounting screw holes. Dims between top asnd bottom mounting holes. how fasr from bottom mounting holes to bottom of TV?
2 years ago
DavidM1397
Lake Saint Louis, MO, USA

Please wait while more information about DavidM1397 is loaded.
Additional information about DavidM1397 could not be loaded.

We appreciate your interest in this television. The 55LN5400 model TV has a vertical distance of 400mm between the top and bottom holes. We do not have dimensions available between the bolt holes and the edges of the TV itself.
2 years ago