Why do I see sparks during cooking?
1. Sparks are observed during cooking
1. Applicable model : All lightwave ovens (QR model MA921MBS / MA921MBN / MA921NWS / MA921NBS )
All microwave ovens
2. When a metal container is placed inside the oven,
it reflects electromagnetic waves, and food cannot be cooked.
Sparks will be seen when the container hits inner walls of an oven.
Note: When foil containers such as a instant noodle soup container come in contact with heat,
sparks can occur and it may catch fire. Use of microwave safe containers are recommended.
Food residues or grease can spark when heat is applied.
It is safe to use the product when it can heat. Please wipe inside of an oven with a cloth after cooking.
How to fix
1. Check if an aluminum foil or metallic part of a container touched an inner wall.
2. Remove food particles inside an oven as they can cause sparks due to carbonization .
3. Do not use containers with gold or silver linings as they can cause sparks.
Please use heat-resistant containers.
Dishes safe to use
1.Search LG on Play Store and download DISO Lightwave Oven app.
The app provides access to various information such as dishes safe to use