- Not cooling. I feel it’s not cool at all.
- Weak cooling
- Not Cooling
■ Possible Cause
- You may feel that the air conditioner is unable to run the cooling mode or the cooling is weak depending on the ambient environment and settings of the indoor unit
and outdoor unit.
Please check the inspection list.
■ Solution or Settings
▶ Check the power status
Air conditioner is an appliance that consumes a lot of electricity.
Please check the power supply of the appliance.
1.If the power cord is loose, it may result in the overheating of the cord or power off.
- Remove the power cord and cool it down for about 30 minutes, and then insert it again correctly to restart the appliance.
2. Please avoid using the power strip and connect it to a single wall outlet.
3.If it’s inevitable to use a power strip in your installation environment, please use the air conditioner alone with a product of 16A (Amp) or more and a line thickness
of 2 to 2.5mm.
※ The floor standing air conditioner cannot be used in a power strip.
There is a risk of fire even if it is used alone in a power strip due to the Max current issue of the floor standing type air conditioner.
▶ Check the product settings
1. Please check the operation mode of the air conditioner.
- Set the operation mode to the “cooling” and the desired temperature to 18 ℃, and operate it for more than 30 minutes to check the cooling status.
- You may feel that the cooling is weak if the appliance is on Air Purification, Dehumidification, Artificial Intelligence (AI) or Energy saving mode etc.
▶ Check the ambient conditions of the product
[Check the indoor unit]
1. Clean the pre filter.
Badly soiled filters will diminish the cooling performance and can become the cause for noise and condensation.
※ Please refer to the Owner's Manual before cleaning the filters as some filters using different materials cannot be washed with water.
For wall-mounted air conditioners, the way of removing the pre-filter differs by how the front panel is assembled.
First, check where the filter is and then take out the filter.
- Clean the filter using a vacuum cleaner or soft brush. If it is badly contaminated, wash it with a neutral detergent.
- Dry the filter under a shade of an airy place avoiding direct sunlight and reassemble it to the appliance.
2. Check if the air inlet of the appliance is blocked.
If the air inlet is blocked by a curtain, it may decrease the air cooling performance and wind strength and it may occur the noise.
[Check the outdoor unit]
1)Remove objects around the outdoor unit.
The cooling performance may get affected by poor air circulation because of the objects blocking the outdoor unit.
2. Open the window or the vent of the plant room where the outdoor unit is installed.
Open the louvered window of the plant room and adjust the louvers as parallel as possible.
▶ During the summer heat wave, sprinkle water over the heat exchanger of the outdoor unit or the top of the outdoor unit.
Due to its technological characteristics, the performance of the appliance may decrease when the ambient temperature is too cold (minimum 18 ℃) or too hot
(maximum 48 ℃).
If the outdoor unit is heated under the sunlight during the summer heat wave, the refrigerants cannot circulate properly which results in poor cooling performance of
even the air conditioner is turned on for a long time.
2) Install the awning above the outdoor unit to block the direct sunlight.
- spray enough water to the upper surface of the outdoor unit - Install the awning above the outdoor unit
- You may feel that the air conditioner is unable to run the cooling mode or the cooling is weak depending on the ambient environment and setting conditions of
the indoor unit and outdoor unit.
Please check the settings. (Check the power status / product setting status / product ambient status)
- The End -