The common reasons are as follows:
- You may be using a Non-LG Monitor.
- You may have launched Dual Package on the Laptop monitor
- The DSUB/DVI cable connecting the Monitor to the PC may not be connected properly.
- Ensure that the cable is fixed properly
- You may not be using the updated driver.
- Please download and install the latest video driver provided by your video card vendor.
- You may have plugged in a new monitor.
- Ensure to restart the PC after connecting new monitor
- Install monitor driver and restart the PC.
- You may be using a LG monitor which doesn't support this feature.
The grey Icon initially indicates the initialization of Dual Package.
Initialization involves checking the monitor capabilities etc.
Once initialized and if the connected monitor is an LG Monitor then icon color will change.
The following international languages are currently supported:- Chinese simplified
- Chinese traditional
Many of the popular video cards are supported by Dual Package. However, if you are using a very old video card or very new video card, Dual Package may not work satisfactorily. Note that Dual Package is continuously enhanced to support the latest video cards. Be sure to upgrade your Dual Package when a new version becomes available.
Dual Package will not work properly if vista UAC is enabled, The security features in vista makes certain application to run in low privilege mode because of which they are not able to communicate to higher privilege application like Dual Package.
1. Dual Package works effectively in single PC connected with 2 Monitors or a
2. Laptop/Notebook connected to an external monitor.
Note : Dual Package may not work properly if 2 PCs installed with Dual Package, are connected to a single monitor
(DVI source/DSUB source),
as both the Dual package programs try to control the monitor differently.
Dual Package may not work properly if there are more than 1 graphics card active in the system.
Dual package may not work properly if the any of the monitor is connected through HDMI.
Error message can happen in case of improper installation or uninstallation of Dual Package or other application.
make sure a clear uninstallation and restart and then installation restart or vice-versa.
Dual web mainly helps user to handle multiple internet browser windows or Microsoft office applications windows effectively by tiling them vertically. It may not work well with other applications like games or video players as these applications might have designed with different considerations.
Dual Package extended taskbar supports only default skins, Default skins are different with different windows O/S like XP, Vista and Win 7. Windows built in default skin may not exactly match extended taskbar skin.
Dual Package extended taskbar sits on top of all windows but it will not resize the window so that the window can effectively fit the monitor size. If it is required to see the full window, extended task bar can be switched off for that moment using Dual Package taskbar menu option.