◆ Improvement Point
- BD M DISC support
- Princo CD-R write qaulity improvement.
- mini disc write qaulity improvement.
BH16NS40 Version 1.03-A0 Firmware Update
To update the firmware of the BH16NS40 please refer to the following instructions:
Note: Not following the subsequent update instructions explicitly will result in
permanent damage to your drive, for which LG will not be responsible.
This firmware update is for drives with original firmware versions below 1.03-A0
The drives must be original LG branded drives with the SMB model number BH16NS40(no OEM units).
If you have an OEM unit, branded with another manufacturers name,
please contact that manufacturer for support and firmware updates.
This firmware update is for use only on PC's with Windows 8, 7, Vista and Windows XP
[Critical Instructions] (to be followed carefully)
1. Connect the drive at Computer.
2. Download the file BH16NS40_1.03-A0(ew).ZIP to a folder of your choice.
This download includes this "Read me(ew)" text file, as well as the BH16NS40_1.03-A0.exe
program, which will auto-update your drive's firmware.
3. Close all other programs including: screen saver, antivirus and/or power-down programs.
(If these programs are not closed, they will try to engage the PC, during the updateprocess,
thus interrupting the update and damaging the drive).
4. Check the drive to ensure that there is no disk in the tray
before you start the update procedure.
5. Go into the folder with the update file and double click the BH16NS40_1.03-A0.exe
program and Firmware upgrade will be automatically started.
When the UPGRADE is complete the screen should indicate "Re Boot" message
and advise you to reboot the system. You will need to reboot your PC
The update will be complete, after you reboot your system.
Do not open any programs or start any system functions during the update,
as they will interfere with data transfer and damage the drive.
Do not cancel the operation once it has been started or the drive will
become permanently damaged, as a result.