===================================== Notice ==================================
Please read and note followings.
Service for problems caused by user mistakes without any notice is not free.
Please check your system before, Firmware upgrade would be failed by unstable system.
This program can not be registered on open web site.
Anyone who registered this Program on open web site will be liable for damages.
To obtain the source code under GPL, LGPL, MPL and other open source licenses, that
is contained in this product, please visit http://opensource.lge.com.
In addition to the source code, all referred license terms, warranty disclaimers and
copyright notices are available for download.
Hello, this is LG Electronics DS Division.
The New UI initialization image file for N2R1/N2B1(Network Storage Product) is newly registered.
※ NOTICE 1 ※
LG has developed a new User Interface (UI) for some of our NAS devices. Installing the new UI is not required, you may continue using the current UI.
When updating to the new UI, the NAS will be reformatted. This includes all user data. If you want to upgrade to New Platform UI, You must backup all your data to another device before updating.
▶ Model Name : N2R1, N2B1
▶ Firmware Version (System) : 10094
▶ Firmware name : netenc_nc1_10094.zip
※ NOTICE 2 ※
1. ODD iSCSI, WebDAV, Mobile UI, RAID1+JBOD and Hibernation mode(Only standby mode is supported) are not supported anymore in New UI. If you want to keep using this feature, please do NOT upgrade to New UI.
2. Downgrade to the previous UI is NOT supported.
[How to upgrade New UI(User Interface) firmware]
※ How to upgrade New UI(User Interface) firmware ※
Please refer to the 'New UI initialization manual' in the compressed zip file.
Step 1. Update your system firmware to 2660 version. (download it on lge.com web site.)
Step 2. Update Uboot file in Uboot folder of the compressed zip file.
Step 3. Upgrade(Initialize) to new UI using Network
[Changes in New UI]
※ Changes in New UI ※
1. New Features:
1) Remote Network Drive
2) Community Board
- This is a bulletin board for sharing with group members or all users
3) Multimedia Browser
4) System resource status information check (CPU. Memory, LAN Bandwidth Transfer)
5) Requesting Account
- A new user can request account to current users of Network Storage for data sharing and storing.
6) Home monitoring feature
7) HDD SMART check and HDD Inspection
Note: After upgrading to New UI, if you get a SMART error, this error is not caused by New UI upgrade and There was no function to check and show up HDD SMART status in the previous UI. Users could NOT be aware of HDD SMART error.
After upgrading to new UI, HDD SMART check function is running and the result of HDD SMART status appears on NAS web UI.
If you get a HDD SMART error after upgrading, please contact to LG service and get a proper service.
2. Feature update:
1) FTP advanced options support
- MLSD/FXP options support
- Passive ports are changeable.
2) Brightness(LED) and Sound(Buzzer) Setting(On/Off)
3) The current access status check by services (Web, CIFS(samba), AFP, FTP, NFS)
4) Torrent destination folder is changeable.
5) Auto firmware update
- If a user click a ‘Auto upgrade’ button, NAS checks if there is a newer firmware.
If there it is, NAS download and update it automatically.
6) Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) support
7) iTunes 10.5 support