Rated 1 out of
Out of box, purchased two years ago, brand new, just installed, and fan doesn’t kick on, no operation, very disappointed
Date published: 2020-07-17
Rated 3 out of
Had the 5,000 BTU model, this one is not as cold.
I don’t know how to explain it, but this 6,000 btu unit is actually warmer than the 5000 btu unit I upgraded from. Only thing I can think of is that the digital screen adds more heat from the unit opposed to the 5000 non digital analog knob set up.
Date published: 2020-06-13
Rated 2 out of
Cycles On & Off Every 3 Minutes
Bought this to cool our MBR on second floor that is always 10° hotter than rest of house. Installation fairly straightforward and does a good job of cooling BUT.....
• Nothing in pre-sale information tells you that in energy saving mode the unit cycles on to see if cooling is needed then immediately cycles off if not needed. This is extremely annoying. It should have a much longer cycle. Also doesn't seem to be energy efficient with so much on/off. So just set to cool with fan on low.
• If you do use the energy savings mode, evertime it cycles on and off there is a very loud, distinct water gurgling sound. There is no drain for newer versions of this model because of the "slinger" fan function. That option really needs to return particularly for units used in high humidity locations where the water will accumulate in the base pan so more water noise.
• This unit is not all that quiet. Louder than a regular fan.
• Fan on low still blows way too hard. With bed almost 10 feet away, and even having air supposedly deflected away, the amount of air that blows directly on you is uncomfortable.
• Timer delay function is useless because you have to set it everyday. Need to be able to set it so you can have continual on/off schedule.
This unit would probably be fine if NOT used in a bedroom.
Date published: 2020-06-05