At a Glance
Sound sync makes connecting a sound bar to your LG TV easy and wire free. With LG Wireless Sound Sync, your LG compatible devices can connect with each other using Bluetooth technology, reducing cable clutter, while also synchronizing the audio between devices.
LG Wireless Sound Sync is only a feature on LG TVs with WebOS 3.5 or older. If using a newer WebOS version, please see How To Pair A Bluetooth Device With An LG TV.
LG TV – How to Use LG Sound Sync on Your TV and Sound Bar
You might have some experience plugging your TV into external speakers or other audio devices to achieve superior sound, but what if you could connect wirelessly? Now you can with Wireless Sound Sync, available on new select model LG Smart TVs. Begin by pressing the home button on the magic remote, then click on the settings icon up here in the corner, click on sound, and then sound out.
Out of the box, the setting defaults to the internal TV speaker, so you're going to switch to LG Sound Sync Wireless down here. Click on the circle, and this device selection button will appear. Click on the button, and the TV will begin searching for compatible devices nearby, such as the LG Sound Plate, like a phone looking to hook up with a Bluetooth speaker.
Press the LG TV button on the remote control of select model LG Sound Plates to put the sound plate into pairing mode. It will show up on the TV indicated as either LG HTS or LG Sound Plate. Click on the circle next to the name, wait for the Bluetooth connection to be established, and it will now appear under paired devices.
Quick and easy, right? If at some point in the future you wish to remove the speaker from the list, click the trash can icon. But at least there won't be any wires to throw away.
- Press the [Home] button on the Magic Remote.
- Click on the Settings icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on Sound, and then Sound Out.
- Change the setting from "TV Speaker" to "LG Sound Sync Wireless".
- Press Device Selection. (Your TV will begin searching for compatible devices).
- Put the sound bar into Bluetooth Mode (On LG sound bars, press the LG TV button).
- The sound bar name will show up on your TV screen.
- With the TV remote Click on the circle next to the name and wait for the Bluetooth connection.
- It will now appear under "Paired Devices".
- To remove the speaker from the list, simply click the Trash icon.