50" Class (49.5" Diagonal) 1080p LED TV

• Discontinued Product

• LED Backlighting
  • TruMotion 120Hz
  • Full HD 1080p Resolution
  • Energy Star® Qualified
AVAILABLE SIZES:
SUMMARY
Screen Size 50"
Screen Size Diagonal 49.5"
Resolution 1920 x 1080p
SIMPLINK™ (HDMI™ CEC) Yes
AUDIO
Speaker System 1 Way, 2 Speakers
Audio Output Power (Watts - THD 10%) 10W + 10W
Mono/Stereo/Dual (MTS/SAP) Yes
Virtual Surround Yes
Sound Mode 5 Modes (Standard/Music/Cinema/Sport/Game)
Clear Voice II Yes
CONNECTIVITY
MHL™ Mobile High Definition Link Yes
SIMPLINK™ (HDMI™ CEC) Yes
USB Playback MP3
INPUTS
RF In (Antenna/Cable) 1 (Rear)
AV In 1 (Rear)
Component Video In(Y, Pb, Pr + Audio) 1 (Rear)
HDMI™/HDCP Input 2 (1 Side, 1 Rear)
USB 3.0/2.0 Input 1 (Side)
Digital Audio Out (Optical) 1 (Rear)
RS-232C (Control/Service) 1 (Rear)
POWER
ENERGY STAR® Qualified Yes
Power Supply (Voltage, Hz) 100V ~ 240V, 50/60 Hz
Power Consumption 54.2W
Standby Mode 0.3W
DIMENSIONS / WEIGHTS
TV without Stand (WxHxD) 44.72" x 26.02" x 3.23"
TV with Stand (WxHxD) 44.72" x 28.50" x 10.35"
TV without Stand weight 31.3 lbs
TV with Stand weight 34.4 lbs
TV Shipping Dimensions (WxHxD) 54.13" x 31.89" x 6.89"
Shipping Weight 43.7 lbs
WARRANTY / UPC
Limited Warranty 1 Year Parts & Labor
UPC 719192588356
Screen Size Class (diagonal) 50" Class (49.5" diagonal)
Resolution 1920 x 1080
BLU Type Direct LED
Response Time TruMotion 120Hz
MCI 240
VIDEO
Triple XD™ Engine Yes
Picture Mode 7 Modes (Vivid/Standard/Cinema/Sport/Game/Expert1/Expert2)
Picture Wizard II Yes
Aspect Ratio 6 Modes (16:9, Just Scan, Original, 4:3, Cinema Zoom 1, Zoom)
Just Scan (1:1 Pixel Matching) HDMI/Component/RF - 1080i, 1080p, 720p
AV Mode II (Picture & Sound) 3 Modes (Cinema/Game/Off )
SIDE INPUTS & OUTPUTS
HDMI™/HDCP Input 1
USB 3.0/2.0 Input 1
REAR INPUTS & OUTPUTS
RF In (Antenna/Cable) 1
AV In 1
Component Video In (Y, Pb, Pr) + Audio 1
Digital Audio Out (Optical) 1
HDMI™/HDCP Input 1
RS-232C (Control/Service) via Headphone
CABINET / ACCESSORIES
VESA Standard 400mm x 400mm
Remote Control Yes
Batteries AA x 2

Rated 5 out of 5 by Great picture Our bedroom is 23 feet long and we needed a good tv without paying a huge price. We found this LG 50" LED to have a great picture, easy to use features, and super easy to hang on our wall. Will recommend to our friends! August 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Awesome picture! This is my first LG TV. Without a doubt, I am impressed! The picture is as great as it claims to be. Set up is easy and controls are simple to navigate. I researched many televisions before purchasing this one. I have no regrets. July 15, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Great Product for My Needs My son reviewed numerous TVs and then purchased this one for me. He found it had the best features and performance for the price. I was so impressed by the picture that I went out and purchased a 2nd one for use in another room. I find the picture quality excellent for the price. It is a Quality built TV. You can spend a lot more and get the super HD TVs but this one is just great for what I watch. July 4, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Best TV Ever!!!! I have never owned a LG product or a TV quite this nice. I love it and it has turned me into a TV junkie. Now that I have had the pleasure of this fine product, I am now and forever a LG person. LG wil be the only TV I will buy for the rest of my life. I did not think that the quality and ease of this product would be as great as it is. I just can't get enough. It is so great that I added a DVR so I can record shows that I would not of done before the experience and clarity of the picture. I have pushed this product to my friends and family to the point some of them have made a LG TV purchase. Thank You LG for the excellence in a well built and designed product. It is apparent that you care about your comsumers having nothing but the best. June 21, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 Great TV with a terriffic picture. This TV replaced a 4 year old Panasonic Plasma TV of the same size that developed some serious picture problems within the last year. I am impressed with the picture this LED TV puts forth. The colors are brilliant and very stable. We have the TV set up in the corner of a 13' X 19' family room and there are no issues viewing the picture. My only criticism, so far, is the audio. The sound from the TV speakers is very tinny and flat. I have ordered a sound bar, hopefully that will solve the problem. August 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by It is a great tv for the money Overall this is a great TV. The picture is very clear and the sound is good. Mainly watch NASCAR races on it with no blur in the picture. The only complaint would be the stand. For this size TV, it seems a little flimsy. July 31, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by 55LG5400 We bought this tv in June 2014. And we love it, great picture and wonderful sound. Well worth the money. July 29, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Another quality TV from LG. I bought this television to replace my old power hog LCD. The features on this TV are great and the of out the box setting are great. The only negative thing about this TV is the lack of inputs. I have a lot of older gaming consoles so I have ton of component and A/V inputs to play with. But that is easily remedied with some switch boxes and my home theater. This is a great TV and I recommend it to anyone. July 20, 2014
2 3 4 5 ... 10 Next>>

I do not see about this feature in the specification and features list.
Asked by another customer while visiting BestBuy.com
4 months, 2 weeks ago
SK
Edison, NJ
Closed to new answers

Yes it does connect to WiFi!
3 months, 2 weeks ago
CDCHC00

Thanks for your interest in our 50" 1080p/120hz HDTV SK!
I wish I had the model number for your TV so I could definitively answer your question as to whether or not your set has Wi-Fi built in or not. Let me attempt to answer your question this way and hopefully this helps! In our current 2014 lineup of 50" 120hz/1080p TVs, every 50" 120Hz/1080p TV with the exception of the 50LN5400 has Wi-Fi built in. That would be the 50LN5750, 50LA6200, 50LN5700, 50LB6100 and the 50LB6300. Hope this helps! IFV
3 months, 3 weeks ago
LGAnswers
Englewwod, NJ

LCD vs. LED

What's the difference?
Asked by another customer while visiting BestBuy.com
2 months, 4 weeks ago
Bill
Vancouver
Closed to new answers

LCD has better picture due to the light that comes through
2 months, 1 week ago
Jamie
Bronx, Ny

Hello Bill,
Thank you for contacting us with regards to the differences between LCD and LED. So here is the big reveal, LED TVs are LCD TVs!
The only difference is in the light source that each technology uses. The knock against LCDs has always been that they do not produce deep blacks because they use a CCFL (Cold Cathode Flourescent Lamps) which is always on causing the screen to be gray rather than the desired black. They are not many if any CCFL LCDs on the market now, but you may rarely run into one.
LED TVs are really correctly called LED LCD TVs. It's just the LCD has now been dropped and people just call them LED TVs and these use LEDs (Red, Green, Blue) as their lighting source and because they have deeper blacks, the screens are brighter, more vivid colors, and thinner because LEDs do not require as much room as the CCFLs. LEDs consume less power, and can be turned on or off more easily to produce better contrast ratios and deeper blacks...IFV
2 months, 3 weeks ago
LGAnswers
Englewwod, NJ

Need to copy and paste with the remote

I'm trying to send emails on my TV using the remote. I want to be able to copy and paste onto my message box, but I don't know how to get that option. Is that something that I can do with my remote?
Sundaes
Seattle, WA

Please wait while more information about Sundaes is loaded.
Additional information about Sundaes could not be loaded.

We appreciate your interest in this options and features of this television. The remote control does not have the option available to highlight text and Copy/Paste it.

-1point

How does the trumotion 120 hz work?

I don't see it on the options or on any of the channels.
Gabfabe23

Please wait while more information about Gabfabe23 is loaded.
Additional information about Gabfabe23 could not be loaded.
-1point

The TruMotion feature and the 120Hz Refresh Rate are two separate features of this television. The TruMotion function is a feature that smooths the transition between video frames. It is activated at the factory. As you have stated, there is no method available to deactivate this.

How do I connect Headset to my new Lg 50LN5400 TV?

My headset has a base with a red and white plug. the base sits next to the TV and the earphones are wireless..
1 year ago
Purpleviewer
Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Please wait while more information about Purpleviewer is loaded.
Additional information about Purpleviewer could not be loaded.

We appreciate your interest in this television. Unfortunately, the 50LN5400 does not have a connection available by which it might send an audio signal to another device (headset) using RED/WHITE audio cables. The only audio output on this TV is the OPTICAL Digital Audio Output jack.
1 year ago