To properly experience our LG.com website, you will need to use an alternate browser or upgrade to a newer version of internet Explorer (IE10 or greater).
LG.com utilizes responsive design to provide a convenient experience that conforms to your devices screen size. In order to get the best possible experience from our website, please follow below instructions.
If you’re using Internet Explorer 9 or earlier, you will need to use an alternate browser such as Firefox or Chrome or upgrade to a newer version of internet Explorer (IE10 or greater).
Rated 3 out of
Decent phoneI bought this a month ago. Only issue is incoming calls fade out and in. It's rather ANNOYING to me. Outgoing calls are okay.
Date published: 2020-02-14
Rated 1 out of
WiFi Doesn't Auto Conncet & Apps Don't WorkThis is the worst phone ever for the most money. The WiFi does not auto connect EVER, even to saved networks. It also will NOT connect to wireless data because it's trying to search for WiFi. The ridiculous work-around is:
1. Go to WiFi and tell it to connect to the saved network
2. When NOT near a saved network, you must completely turn WiFi OFF in order to connect to wireless data and allow apps to work
This is the most frustrating thing and I always want to go Office Space on this phone especially when I'm driving and trying to voice text. The messaging app won't work with voice because WiFi is still turned on after leaving a known location. Wait, let me find the settings and completely turn WiFi off while I'm driving? It completely negates any idea of safety in hands free driving.
I hate this phone.
The camera sucks. What's the point in 5 lenses when it still sucks?
A 30 day return policy is not good enough LG (your Verizon retailer), it's right at about the 30 day point with a new phone that you realize what is happening and it is not user error causing the frustrations. It just adds insult to injury.
Date published: 2020-02-13
Rated 5 out of
Love this phone!I purchased the LV40 ThinQ in January and am completely happy with this phone. The phone is fast, sleek, and has so may features. I am so happy with LG products that this is my 4th LG phone!!
Ask your questions. Share your answers. Please review the detailed product information and help guides in the Product Support section for this product prior to posting a question.
Could LM-V405UA be unlocked?
If YES, will it work with other GSM carriers such as T-Mobile and MINT Mobile?
Which version of LG V40 is recommended for use with MINT Mobile?
Asked by: dhkim68
The LG V40 ThinQ™ | AT&T, Model # LMV405UA is a GSM phone and it can be unlocked. You would need to ask AT&T for permission to unlock the phone and they will unlock it for you. Their requirements are that the device has been active for at least 60 days (if you bought it on an installment plan or term agreement). Your account doesn’t have a past-due balance. Contracts are completed and any installment plans linked to the device are paid off. and that the device isn't reported as lost, stolen, or involved with fraud...^IFV
Answered by: Ivanf
Date published: 2020-02-04
Can I purchase the original 3.0 fast charger for my v40 thin q from you? Verizon carries their own brand and other websites, such as Amazon, sell knock off chargers. My cord was damaged; therefore, phone now informs me that original fast charger is needed
Asked by: Jarrah
Let's see if we can get that taken care of for you. Send us a message on Twitter at @LGUSSupport or on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/LGUSA/ so we can get more info and see what we can do. ^CP
Answered by: ChrisPSM
Date published: 2020-01-23
Where to purchase wireless charger?
Asked by: Theowolf1118
You can find chargers from your favorite mobile electronics retailers or online at retailers such as eBay or Amazon.
Answered by: ChrisPSM
Date published: 2020-01-07
What is V405N?
Asked by: MJT2019
This model of the LG V40 is designed for use with US Cellular.
Answered by: ChrisPSM
Date published: 2019-12-03
how much does it cost
Asked by: qwwood
Prices, promotions and availability may vary by store and online. Prices subject to change without notice. Quantities are limited. Check with your local retailers for final price and availability.
Answered by: ChrisPSM
Date published: 2019-10-31
Will I be able to transfer my contacts and pictures from my Windows phone to this phone, and if so, what is the level of difficulty?
Asked by: SaraldaJ
Yes, you should. The easiest way to do it is using a transfer app, so you will want to make sure your phone is compatible with the app. There are many out there, but we offer one that works for the Windows OS and Android OS, https://www.att.com/features/mobile-transfer.html
David, AT&T Community Specialist
Answered by: ATTDavidCS
Date published: 2019-10-30
Since LG gave up on this flagship device as soon as it launched and has refused to provide even a single OS update, will those who purchased it get a complimentary, newer supported device? We paid a premium price to see zero support. Unacceptable.
Asked by: Shven
Hello, we appreciate your desire to obtain the latest software and security updates. All updates must go through approval processes and are then issued by the carrier you are connected to. If a device is set to receive an update, it will be scheduled by the carrier once they are done with testing and approval. If you need any support, please feel free to give us a ring at 1-800-793-8896 or you can contact us on Twitter at @LGUSSupport or on Facebook at @LGUSSupport.
Answered by: ChrisPSM
Date published: 2019-10-29
Do the V40s have a wi-fi calling ability built in?
Asked by: Tmhouston
Yes, the LMV405UA is capable of WiFi calling. Please make sure your plan also supports this feature.
*LG G8X ThinQ™ and LG Dual Screen™ sold separately from select carriers.
*Prices, promotions and availability may vary by store and online. Prices subject to change without notice. Quantities are limited. Check with your local retailers for final price and availability.
Whether you're searching for state-of-the-art smartphones, basic cell phones, or something in-between, with LG it's all at your fingertips. Designed for the way you live, new LG smartphones give you access to the latest technology and features, plus essentials like talk and text messaging. Learn more about LG phones, products, and offers that best match your needs.
• LG Dual Screen™: Designed to keep pace with all you do, pairing compatible LG phones with the LG Dual Screen™ gives you more space to multitask – text a friend while watching a video, share & compare while shopping, or update your fantasy football team while researching a player’s stats. Do it all at the same time, quickly and easily, without toggling back and forth between apps.
• 5G Phones: Tap into some of the fastest cell phone networks in the US with our 5G smartphones. With our latest tech right in the palm of your hand, you can watch videos seamlessly, take photos in brilliant color & clarity, surf the web, send emails, deliver text messages, work on documents or just kick back with social media – all at blazing 5G speeds.
• G Series Phones: Sleek, slim and designed for the way you live, LG G Series phones make it easy to connect virtually anywhere. And with their ultra-fast processors, crystal-clear screens, booming sound and cutting-edge camera phone technology, our G Series smartphones have the power to make your on-the-go life even better.
• V Series Phones: Innovative to their core, our state-of-the-art V Series smartphones make 24/7 connections effortless – all while delivering superb multimedia audio and video experiences. This way you can work and play, watch videos, listen to music, and capture life's best moments in pure clarity.
• LG Stylo™ Series Phones: For the ultimate in creative expression and productivity, check out our Stylo Series. Featuring our innovative & easy-to-use stylus pen, fast processors, brilliant displays with vibrant colors, plus all the technology you expect from a cutting-edge smartphone, our Stylo Series makes life more creative by giving you the power to write, draw or doodle whenever, wherever you're inspired.
• Budget Phones: Our budget cellphones let you call, text, browse the internet and access all your favorite apps – everything you need from a smartphone – at unbelievable prices. And with the devices that pair with no-contract, prepaid or standard carrier data plans, LG budget phones truly give you the value and variety you deserve.
• Unlocked Phones: Check out the latest collection of LG unlocked phones with sophisticated designs and top-notch features. And with the flexibility to choose or change your carrier, our unlocked smartphones give you the freedom to connect your way.
To stay in the know on all our cell phones, sign up to receive LG promotions and find out about great cell phone deals.