To properly experience our LG.com website, you will need to use an alternate browser or upgrade to a newer version of internet Explorer (IE10 or greater).
LG.com utilizes responsive design to provide a convenient experience that conforms to your devices screen size. In order to get the best possible experience from our website, please follow below instructions.
If you’re using Internet Explorer 9 or earlier, you will need to use an alternate browser such as Firefox or Chrome or upgrade to a newer version of internet Explorer (IE10 or greater).
Add items to your wishlist so you can easily find them when you return to LG.com. It's an easy way to keep track of that special something you've had your eye on or save gift ideas for friends and family.
Notify Me When Available
Enter your email address below to receive a notification as soon as this item is back in stock.
Enter your Email
Please enter a valid email
Your email was received. We will let you know when this product is back in stock.
Actual battery time may vary depending on network connectivity and application use
Memory cards sold separately
What people are saying
Rated 1 out of
downhillThe phone started out great!!!!! Then a couple months later it would freeze and restart its self periodically, then from there its started to freeze for hours and seem to over heat. The last straw was nothing would work cause its had low storage even after deleting almost all my apps to it finally just stopped working and just continued trying to restart took it in to the store and had to do a factory reset. Needless to say I do not recommend this phone.
Date published: 2021-02-12
Rated 1 out of
JUNKThis phone started out bad and has only got worse over the year I’ve had it. Constantly freezing, apps just pop up. Nothing good to say about it.
Date published: 2021-02-09
Rated 1 out of
The Worst Phone I've Ever HadI used it for a few months without problem, then it began to freeze. I called the carrier three times. They gave me useless advice. Then I called LG and they couldn't help and asked me to send it to them. The repair would take two weeks. Then what do I do for a phone for two weeks?
Ask your questions. Share your answers. Please review the detailed product information and help guides in the Product Support section for this product prior to posting a question.
I have requested written instructions more than once. The phone ( understanding that it is discontinued ) is complicated for me and I need help. You were anxious to sell it to me with no back up knowing it was to be discontinued. Bad PR.
Asked by: Bev2b
You can access the full Owner's Manual on the support page for this phone at https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-LMX420QM6.ARCHPL. ^Daphane
Answered by: LG Electronics
Date published: 2020-12-17
Where to buy screen saver and cover for K-40
Asked by: Bevht
Try a shopping mall. Most of them have vendors set up in the walkways that sell phone accessories.
Answered by: Pat58
Date published: 2020-08-14
Can you take Spectrum mobile off the device...no longer my provider, and use with Verizon?
Asked by: Busymomteach81
Spectrum Mobile doesn't actually own its own cellular network. Instead, it uses Verizon Wireless's cell phone towers to power its mobile service so the LG K40™ | Spectrum Mobile, Model # LMX420QM6 will work with Verizon. Your phone has always been using Verizon's towers....^IFV
Answered by: Ivanf
Date published: 2020-08-06
why do i have to re enter 10 digit number every time i make a call?
Asked by: jackdoug
This is a carrier supported feature. Please check with your carrier regarding this.
Answered by: ChrisPSM
Date published: 2020-03-02
I've only had my phone for a couple months.. I put it in my purse took it out and the screen was cracked. I didn't drop it or anything like that. But I need to order a replacement screen what do I order?
Asked by: Pammy2
LG strives to create devices that will withstand the rigors of daily life. That being said, it is next to impossible to develop a device that will perform in every scenario. Please feel free to give us a call at 1-800-793-8896 or drop us a line at Twitter at @LGUSSupport or on Facebook at @LGUSSupport so we can see what we can do.
Answered by: ChrisPSM
Date published: 2020-02-21
I cannot find casting on my wife's k40. Has this feature been removed in the k40?
Asked by: merodach
@ChrisPSM - that's not the issue. The issue is we can not find the option to cast on the phone itself.
Answered by: merodach
Date published: 2020-01-11
how do I answer the phone, it will not let me pick up the call
Asked by: moo sun
We hate to hear that, but would love to be able to help. We would be happy to see what's going on. Drop us a line on Twitter at @LGUSSupport or on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/LGUSA/ so we can get more info and see what we can do. ^CP
Answered by: ChrisPSM
Date published: 2020-01-02
How do I keep the light from dimming when I am on a phone call
Asked by: Lisahegg
We would be happy to help you change this setting. For assistance, you can contact our Customer Support by any of the below options:
Facebook Messenger: https://www.facebook.com/LGUSA/
The LG Community Forum is also a great resource for getting help from other LG customers: https://lgcommunity.us.com/ ^CP
1Free shipping not available for parts and accessories. Free shipping to qualifying US destinations in the contiguous United States; not available for P.O. Boxes, addresses outside the contiguous 48 states, international addresses, Army Post Office (APO), Diplomatic Post Office (DPO) and Fleet Post Office (FPO).
*5G coverage available in limited markets. Product features and performance may vary and are subject to network availability and connectivity.
*LG G8X ThinQ™ and LG Dual Screen™ sold separately from select carriers.
Prices, promotions and availability may vary by store and online. Prices subject to change without notice. Quantities are limited. Check with your local retailers for their final price and availability.
Whether you're searching for state-of-the-art smartphones, basic cell phones, or something in-between, with LG it's all at your fingertips. Designed for the way you live, new LG smartphones give you access to the latest technology and features, plus essentials like talk and text messaging. Learn more about LG phones, products, and offers that best match your needs.
• LG Dual Screen™: Designed to keep pace with all you do, pairing compatible LG phones with the LG Dual Screen™ gives you more space to multitask – text a friend while watching a video, share & compare while shopping, or update your fantasy football team while researching a player’s stats. Do it all at the same time, quickly and easily, without toggling back and forth between apps.
• 5G Phones: Tap into some of the fastest cell phone networks in the US with our 5G smartphones. With our latest tech right in the palm of your hand, you can watch videos seamlessly, take photos in brilliant color & clarity, surf the web, send emails, deliver text messages, work on documents or just kick back with social media – all at blazing 5G speeds.
• G Series Phones: Sleek, slim and designed for the way you live, LG G Series phones make it easy to connect virtually anywhere. And with their ultra-fast processors, crystal-clear screens, booming sound and cutting-edge camera phone technology, our G Series smartphones have the power to make your on-the-go life even better.
• V Series Phones: Innovative to their core, our state-of-the-art V Series smartphones make 24/7 connections effortless – all while delivering superb multimedia audio and video experiences. This way you can work and play, watch videos, listen to music, and capture life's best moments in pure clarity.
• LG Stylo™ Series Phones: For the ultimate in creative expression and productivity, check out our Stylo Series. Featuring our innovative & easy-to-use stylus pen, fast processors, brilliant displays with vibrant colors, plus all the technology you expect from a cutting-edge smartphone, our Stylo Series makes life more creative by giving you the power to write, draw or doodle whenever, wherever you're inspired.
• Budget Phones: Our budget cellphones let you call, text, browse the internet and access all your favorite apps – everything you need from a smartphone – at unbelievable prices. And with the devices that pair with no-contract, prepaid or standard carrier data plans, LG budget phones truly give you the value and variety you deserve.
• Unlocked Phones: Check out the latest collection of LG unlocked phones with sophisticated designs and top-notch features. And with the flexibility to choose or change your carrier, our unlocked smartphones give you the freedom to connect your way.
To stay in the know on all our cell phones, sign up to receive LG promotions and find out about great cell phone deals.