Open Faced Shrimp Sandwich
Because no regular sandwich could hold this much shrimpy flavor.
Cook Mode: Bake
Cook time: 14 mins
Serves: MAKES 8 SERVINGS
Open Faced Shrimp Sandwich Ingredients
- 24 baguette slices, 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1-1/2 pounds shrimp (26/30 count), peeled and deveined (48 shrimp)
- 1 cup white wine
- 2-1/2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 48 radish slices
- 48 mâche leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 400℉.
2. Toast the baguette slices in the oven 14 minutes or until the outside edges are golden brown. Turn over once during cooking. Reserve the toasts until needed.
3. Melt the butter in a large sauté pan. Add the garlic and shrimp, sauté 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Add the white wine to the pan and simmer. Add the chopped parsley to the white wine vinegar and pour over the shrimp.
4. Blend the ingredients for the mayonnaise, dill, chives, and parsley in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
5. Spread 1 teaspoon of the green mayonnaise on each toast. Top each slice with 2 whole cooked shrimp and 2 radish slices. Garnish with mâche leaves.