LG TVs are equipped with innovative features that make it easy to share screen and display content between your external devices like your PC, tablet, smartphone and more. There are multiple ways to connect and they all depend on your network connectivity and the type of device you wish to share.
In the case you are using a Mac device to share your information, AirPlay will only allow you to stream to a Mac device, however LG supports AirPlay 2 in its 2019 models.
Share Screen from iOS
Some apps such as YouTube, Netflix and Hulu already have built-in functionalities to help you cast videos and content from your iPhone to an LG TV. This however is not going to mirror your screen, it will only play and control individual content from your LG TV.
1. Share using Chromecast
Chromecast is the wireless technology developed by Google that can be used to watch content wirelessly from your iPhone with any LG Smart TV.
- Chromecast allows you to send video, audio and pictures and information from thousands of supported apps such as Netlix, Hulu and many more.
- Once the chromecast dongle is connected to the Television, download Google Home Companion app to connect the device with your home wireless network.
- Once installed, the installed chromecast icon will appear in supported apps.
- Tap the icon, and then select the device where you want to view the screen.
2. Share from AirPlay
You can share screen directly from an iPhone to an Apple TV using Airplay. Airplay is the official screen sharing technology from Apple. to learn gow to use Airplay, visit www.apple.com for an u to date information about AirPlay.
- iPhone 4 or later
- iPad or iPad mini
- iPod touch (4th generation or later)
You can stream content to these devices:
- For photos and videos: Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)
- For music: Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), AirPort Express, or AirPlay-enabled speakers
How to stream:
- Connect your iOS device and Apple TV or AirPort Express to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your iOS device, swipe up from the bottom of your screen to access Control Center.
- Tap AirPlay.
- Tap the name of the device you want to stream content to. You'll see icons of a TV screen or speaker next to each device so you know what type of content you can stream. On iPad, you might need to scroll to see all of the available devices in the device list.
- When you use AirPlay Mirroring, your TV uses the orientation and aspect ratio of your device. If you want the image from your device to fill your TV screen, you might need to to adjust your TV's aspect ratio or zoom settings.
- AirPlay doesn't offer multi-room audio; AirPlay 2 does
- AirPlay lets you stream from any Apple device to your speakers or TV
- Airplay 2 lets you play from speakers over Wi-Fi, and it'll stay in sync
- Airplay 2 lets play different songs in different rooms with multiple HomePods
Which Apple devices support AirPlay 2?
- AirPlay 2 works on all older iPhone, iPads Macs and APple TVs
- AirPlay 2 is compatible with recent iPhones, iPads, and Mac Computers
- AirPlay 2 also works with Apple iPod Touch 2015 and the new HomePod
Which LG devices offer AirPlay 2?
- LG OLED (2019)
- LG NanoCell SM9X series (2019)
- LG NanoCell SM8X series (2019)
- LG UHD UM7X series (2019)
Note: LG Models created before 2019, currently will not support AirPlay 2.