NETFLIX VIDEO CONTENT SHOWING INADEQUATE COLOR SCHEME
Abnormal color reproduction (poor picture quality) on screen whenever streaming Netflix Video Content material from the LG UP970 4K Blu-ray disc player to a 4K Ultra HD Dolby Vision featured television.
When streaming Netflix Video Content material from the LG UP970 4K Blu-ray disc player, some settings configuration may need adjusting on the Smart television on account the color reproduction on screen could be of poor quality.
Items needing confirmation
- If an LG TV, make sure Operating System version is webOS 3.0 or greater.
- If another brand, make sure TV features HDMI Deep Color, aka UHD Color or HDMI Signal Format Enhancement.
- Make sure the HDMI Deep Color feature is enabled on the television.
- Access Netflix content to confirm colors are accurately displayed.
If the Netflix content material’s colors are accurately displayed, everything is fine.
However, if the colors appear abnormal, return to the TV HDMI Deep Color settings to ensure it was in fact turned “on”. If not, turn it “on”.
If TV HDMI Deep Color settings were indeed activated yet TV is still producing abnormal colors, you will need to execute the following resolution steps on the UP970 player.
- Press Tray Open button on the remote control. Leave tray opened. Screen should be completely white.
- Press and hold the PAUSE button on the remote control for 7 seconds then release it for 1 second.
- Press and hold the PAUSE button on the remote control again for 7 seconds. The screen will change to black then return to white.
- Close the Tray then proceed to Netflix video streaming. Color reproduction will now be normal.
If TV screen did not change to black during the process of that exercise, repeat above steps very carefully to ensure resolution takes effect.
While executing above instructions, make sure to point the UP970 remote control at the Blu-ray player and not the television.