Why does my washing machine make a whirring noise while draining?
- Awhirring noise during use is due to the drain pump.
- When the drain filter is clogged, it may cause much louder noise than usual.
How to fix
- If the washing machine makes an unusual noise, please check the drain filter and clean it if it is clogged.
※ Please take caution, as there may be overflow while cleaning the drain pump filter.
▶ How to do deal with a small amount of overflow
(some models have the cover on the right side).
3) Reassemble the drain plug and close the filter back.
▶ How to deal with a large amount of overflow
(Some models have the cover on the right side).
※ Hold the hose tight while removing the plug.
4) Once the water is completely drained, put the plug back in as well as the hose.
Then, open the filter cap by turning it counter clockwise.
5) Clean the filter in running water and remove any material.
Then, reassemble the filter and put it back in its position.