Mary Ellen Bartley
Everybody loves stir fry, especially when the sweet delicacy of scallops mingles with the flavorful mystique of Asia.
Total Time: 45 min
1. Pull the muscle tabs from the scallops. Blot dry and set aside.
2. Combine 3 tablespoons of the peanut oil, the rice vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, fermented beans (if using), garlic, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk until blended.
3. Add the scallops and toss until evenly coated. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 and up to 24 hours.
4. Heat a large wok or sauté pan over high heat.
5. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons peanut oil. When the oil is very hot, add the carrots and mushrooms and stir fry for 1 minute.
6. Add the cabbage and stir fry until the cabbage is wilted, 3-4 minutes.
7. Add the scallops and their marinade to the vegetable mixture and stir-fry until the scallops are opaque and just cooked through, 3-4 minutes.
8. Serve the noodles on a heated platter or plates topped with the scallops and vegetables.
9. Sprinkle with the scallions and toasted sesame seeds.