When the microwave oven does not heat it may be caused by entering the wrong settings or an inadequate power supply.
Are any error codes displaying?Yes No
Click here for error code explanations.
Lets test the microwave:
- Place a microwaveable safe cup, mug, or bowl of water inside the unit.
- Press CLEAR/OFF or RESET to clear the keypad.
- Press COOK and enter 60 seconds.
Check the water to see if it was heated.
If the water did heat:
- The power level may have been set low and can be adjusted by pressing the Power button.
- The timer function could have been activated by mistake which does not heat the water, only works as an alarm.
- A sensor cook setting may have been used which could have the wrong settings.
If the water did not heat, lets troubleshootTroubleshoot
Does the keypad respond?Yes No
Is time counting down at an accelerated rate?Yes No
If the keypad does not respond, it is possible that the CHILD LOCK feature is active.
Refer to the owner's manuaul for instructions on how to deactivate the CHILD LOCK feature.
Click here to look for the manual.
If the display is not working, or only some of the keys are unresponsive, the unit will require repair service.
If the time is counting down at an accelerated rate, the microwave's demo mode may be active.
To deactivate demo mode, unplug the microwave from the power outlet for 10 seconds and plug it back in. After plugging the microwave back in, try operating the unit once again.
If all the proper settings are being used, there may be an issue with the power supply.
If the microwave still does not heat after attempting to heat the cup of water, the microwave will require repair service.