With Knock ON, quickly double-tap the screen to turn it on. Double-tap an empty area in the Home screen, Status Bar, or Lock screen to turn the screen off.
Knock Code is a security feature that enables a user to unlock the phone when the screen is off. The Home screen can be accessed directly if you tap the sequence anywhere on the screen.
To setup Knock Code:
Open Settings > Display tab > Lock screen > Select screen lock > Knock Code.
Select Knock Code to protect your data if lost or stolen or No knock code to skip, then tap Next.
Note: If Knock Code is selected, you will have 30 attempts to enter your code. If you fail to remember your code the device will factory reset and you will loose all data.
Read the tutorial and tap Next.
Tap at least 6 times in the 2X2 grid shown to set your Knock Code and use at least 3 different quarters of the grid, then tap Next.
Re-tap your code and tap Confirm.
Create a backup PIN number in case you forget your knock code, then tap Next.
Note: If this is the first time setting up a lock screen, you will be requested to select what notifications are shown on the lock screen. Select the option and then tap OK to complete setup.
To Use Knock Code:
When the screen is off, holding the phone in portrait orientation, tap the sequence of your Knock Code anywhere on the screen to access the Home screen directly. You can enter your code in a small space, or over the full width of the phone.
Use Knock ON double-tap or press the Power/lock key to wake the screen. Tap your Knock Code sequence in the area enclosed by angle brackets to unlock your phone.
After five incorrect Knock Code attempts, a notification appears saying "Wrong Knock code entered 5 times in a row..." and a Forgot Knock Code? button appears at the bottom of the screen. Read the notification, and tap OK.
The next screen shows a grid that provides the same environment as a Knock Code setup for a more accurate input.
If you incorrectly enter your Knock Code for the 6th time, you cannot enter it anymore. You should unlock your phone by logging into your Google Account (if setup on phone) or by entering the backup PIN you created during setup. Then tap OK to unlock.
Note: If you do not have a Google account added to your device and/or remember your PIN, you will need to perform a factory reset.
Caution: A factory reset will delete all user applications and user data not backed up.
- Turn the phone off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down key + Power/Lock key on the side of the phone.
- Release the Power/Lock key when the LG logo is displayed, then immediately press and hold the Power/Lock key again.
- Release all keys when the Factory data reset screen is displayed.
- Press the Volume key up or down, highlight Yes and press the Power/Lock key to continue. To cancel select No (Exit) and press Power/Lock key.
- Press the Volume key up or down, highlight Yes and press the Power/Lock key to confirm. Once confirmed the device will restart and factory data reset will be performed.
- Your device will perform a hard reset.