How to determine if device battery is non-removable:
Download and Check the user guide for your device, to download click here LG Manuals & Documents. For devices that have a removable battery you will see steps for how to install and remove your battery. If it is not possible to be removed the steps will not be in the guide. If you are unsure about whether your battery is non-removable, DO NOT attempt to remove it. Call LG at 800-793-8896 and we will be happy to assist.
The device’s back cover as well as the battery are both non-removal by design. Do not attempt to remove the back cover or battery. Forcibly removing the back cover or battery can lead to safety hazards. Refer to your User Guide and/or Product Safety and Warranty documentation for more details.
Note: These images are only examples, always refer to your user guide or a LG representative to determine your battery type.
Removable Battery Example
Non-Removable Battery Example
For a non-removable battery; if your screen turns black or won’t turn on, battery replacement may not be needed. You might just need to soft reset your device. A soft reset won't erase the content on your device. You can soft reset your device even if the screen is black or the buttons aren't responding.
Note: Some Buttons, Settings, Menus, or Icons may differ from that of your device depending on your software version and wireless service provider.
Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys simultaneously until the device reboots. Typically this will take 8 seconds.
Release the volume and power keys when you see the LG bootup logo display.
On Screen Message
Depending on the state of your device you may see it perform a screenshot and/or a pop-up as shown below. This is normal.
Note: If the device does not reset, plug the device in for an hour and attempt to perform the soft reset again.
We will test your device to determine what the issue is with your device. The cost of repair depends on the evaluation as well as whether the issue is covered under your Limited Warranty.
Our warranty covers a defective battery, but it does not cover wear from normal use.
If your device needs battery replacement and it’s not covered, we will contact you with the replacement cost.
If your device has another power issue and it’s not covered, we will contact you with the repair cost.
Issues caused by accidental damage are not covered under the LG Limited Warranty
To setup repair:
Click here Mobile Repair to setup your repair online.
Call us at 800-793-8896
Battery life can depend on factors like application and device usage. Battery consumption will increase when you use certain features or apps, such as GPS, games, or the stream music or videos. When you expose the device or battery to very hot or cold temperatures battery life and capacity may be reduced.
The battery is consumable and battery capacity will get shorter over time, for tips to improve your battery life click here How Can I Improve The Battery Life Of My Android Device.
- Use and store your phone in temperatures between 0 °C/32 °F and 40 °C/104 °F, if possible. Exposing your phone to extremely low or high temperatures may result in damage, malfunction, or even explosion.
- Use in-box provided cable and travel adapter for charging.
- To purchase a new charger, click here LG Parts and Accessories.
- From the Google Play store, tap the Menu button, then tap My apps & games. Tap Check for updates, then tap Update All.
- Find the latest software update for your device by going to Software and Drivers. Search for your model number to view the latest software.
- The limited warranty for the product extends for TWELVE (12) MONTHS beginning on the date of purchase of the product with valid proof of purchase, or absent valid proof of purchase, FIFTEEN (15) MONTHS from date of manufacture as determined by the unit’s manufacture date code.
- The limited warranty extends only to the original purchaser of the product and is not assignable or transferable to any subsequent purchaser/end user.
- This warranty is good only to the original purchaser of the product during the warranty period as long as it is in the U.S., including Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories and Canada.
- The external housing and cosmetic parts shall be free of defects at the time of shipment and, therefore, shall not be covered under these limited warranty terms.
- Upon request from LG, the consumer must provide information to reasonably prove the date of purchase.
- The customer shall bear the cost of shipping the product to the Customer Service Department of LG. LG shall bear the cost of shipping the product back to the consumer after the completion of service under this limited warranty.