SUBJECT : Detergent and Rinse Aid Guide
■ Using the right detergent
Do you use automatic dish washing detergent? (liquid, powder, or tablet)
• If you're a liquid or powdered detergent user, the issue that prompted this call could have been the result of using too
much detergent. The manual included with your dishwasher will provide you with details on the recommended
amounts of detergent to use (20g-30g).
• If a dish washing detergent that is designed for washing dishes in the sink is used oversudsing will occur.
Always use Automatic Dishwasher Detergent in your machine.
■Additional Facts Regarding Detergent
* Dishwashers are reliant on three operations to clean: 1. Mechanical, 2. Thermal, and 3. Chemical
1) Mechanical: Water Pressure and Spray Arms
2) Thermal: Water Supply Temp. and Water Heater
3) Chemical: Detergents
* The main tasks of a modern cleaner are:
1) Remove soil from surfaces via:
- Swelling of soil
- Destruction of soil
- Dispersion of soil
2) Prevent the re-deposition of soils on the surfaces.
* The cleaner has to deal with different soils such as:
1) Grease and oil (e.g. vegetable oil, grease from meat)
2) Starch (e.g. rice, potatoes, wheat)
3) Proteins (e.g. meat, egg)
4) Burnt-On (e.g. burnt-on milk)
5) Tea and coffee
* The cleaner has to deal with surfaces made of different materials such as:
3) Stainless Steel
■ Rinse Aid Q & A
1. What kind of Rinse Aid should be used?
• We recommend the use of liquid rinse aid . Rinse aids found in combination tablets may dissolve during the wash cycle, rendering them useless.
As a result, use only automatic dishwasher detergent and liquid rinse aid together to get the best possible performance
(washing and drying performance result).
2. What is the maximum amount of Rinse Aid that can be added?
• The maximum amount of rinse aid that can be added to the rinse aid dispenser is 100g - 135g depending on model.
The amount that is used in one cycle is approximately 3 - 4g.
3. How often should Rinse Aid be refilled?
• Generally, the rinse aid should be refilled once a month, but this can vary depending on how often the dishwasher is used.
The unit has a rinse aid indicator that lights up when the rinse aid dispenser needs to be refilled.
4. What is the factory setting for the Rinse Aid dial?
• The factory setting for the rinse aid dial is L2. This may need to be adjusted. If foaming occurs on the bottom of dishes or the tub, lower the setting.
If spotting or inefficient drying occurs, increase the rinse aid setting.
5. What do I do if spotting and streaking still occur while a rinse aid is being used?
• This indicates that the rinse aid setting is too low. Adjust to a higher numbered setting.
6. What do I do if foam is present in unit (bottom or on dishes) while a rinse aid is being used?
• This indicates that the rinse aid setting too high. Adjust to a lower numbered setting.