It's value packed and feature packed. However, a few things I think should be improved:
1. Sleep timer - This should not be just 7 hours maximum. This should at least be 12 hours maximum.
2. Auto-clean function - This should be available in the ThinQ app or can be set in the actual unit panel, not just in the remote. FYI, the auto-clean function only works when you turn off the unit from cool/dry/eco modes. If you switch to fan before turning it off, it will not trigger (auto-clean is just fan mode for 10 minutes then turns off).
3. Ambient temperature - This should be displayed by the unit when it's off. This is currently only viewable in the ThinQ app.
4. Clearer instruction about the drainage - The manual states that the drain pan may overflow due to high humidity. However, it also states that the slinger fan picks up the water from the base pan if the water level gets high enough, and this is expelled through the condenser, making it more efficient. So should we install the supplied drain pipe or not? (Answer: yes, install it).
5. No auto-cool/auto-fan function - This is a big deal, because after setting a temperature in cool mode, and the unit reaches that setting, the fan should then adjust by slowing down. Because this unit doesn't have this, if you set it at F3 (highest), even if it reaches the set temperature, the fan stays at F3 all throughout, which is unnecessary and a waste of energy.
6. Eco mode doesn't activate immediately when the set temperature has been reached - It actually activates when the temperature is around -1 or -2 or the set temperature instead. The manual should've stated that to set proper expectations because people would think it's not working at all.
Overall however, it's still a good unit, and we already saw a decrease in our electricity bill of about 1k pesos. And a 10-year compressor warranty is nothing to scoff at. Definitely a good buy. We hope it lasts.