CLEANING, CARE AND MAINTENANCE
With the proper care and maintenance, it shouldn’t take much effort to keep your new LG range as shiny as the day it was installed. (Don’t forget: to prevent scratching, never use steel wool or abrasives of any kind.)
HOW TO: EASY OVEN CLEANING
We all know that grease and food build-up inside any oven can eventually lead to smoke, temperature inaccuracy, an unpleasant charcoal flavor in dishes, or even an unusable appliance. So isn’t it wonderful to know that you’ll never again have to choose between a dirty oven and your least favorite chore? The next generation of oven cleaning, EasyClean®, provides a quick and easy way to clean your oven while still being able to use the conventional self-clean method. Just spray water, and after 10 quick minutes, simply wipe away the mess.*
Thanks to LG’s innovative enamel technology, just spray the oven interior with water and press the EasyClean® button, which will heat your oven to the perfect temperature for just 10 minutes. When it’s done, simply wipe away any residual bits of grime. That means no impossibly-caked-on spills and no lingering smells, all with practically no work on your part. It shortens the oven-cleaning process from hours down to minutes.
Even the most housework-phobic among us have to admit that “EasyClean” truly does mean “easy.” Plus, you still have the option of a longer traditional self-cleaning cycle for extra heavy buildup or when you want to be extra thorough.
Check out the video for more information.
*Heavy build-up may require additional manual effort or use of the full self-clean feature.
USING SELF CLEAN
The Self Clean cycle uses extremely hot temperatures to clean the oven cavity. While running the Self Clean cycle, you may notice smoking or an odor. This is normal, especially if the oven is heavily soiled. During Self Clean, the kitchen should be well ventilated to minimize the odors from cleaning.
Before using Self Clean:
Remove the oven racks, broiler pan, broiler grid, all cookware, aluminum foil or any other material from the oven.
- The kitchen should be well ventilated to minimize the odors from cleaning.
- Wipe any heavy spillovers on the bottom of the oven.
- Make sure that the oven light bulb cover is in place and the oven light is off.
- The oven light cannot be turned on during a Self Clean cycle. The oven light cannot be turned on until the oven temperature has cooled below 500˚F (260˚C) after a Self Clean cycle is complete.
Setting Self Clean
The Self Clean function has cycle times of 2, 3, or 4 hours.
- Remove all racks and accessories from the oven.
- Touch Self Clean. The oven defaults to the recommended three-hour self clean for a moderately soiled oven. Touch twice for a four-hour self clean or three times for a two-hour self clean.
- Touch Start.
- Once the self-clean cycle is set, the oven door locks automatically and the lock icon displays. You will not be able to open the oven door until the oven has cooled. The lock releases automatically when the oven has cooled.
To prevent activating the control panel during cleaning, unplug the range. Then simply wipe away splatters off the control panel with glass cleaner and a damp cloth. Remove heavier soil with warm, soapy water.
To avoid burns, make sure the cooktop surface has cooled completely before cleaning. When the surface has cooled, simply wash and rinse with soap and water. Polish with a dry cloth. Do not lift the cooktop surface. Lifting the cooktop surface can lead to damage and improper operation of the range.
To prevent scratching, do not use abrasive cleaners.
FRONT MANIFOLD PANEL AND KNOBS
It is best to clean the front panel after each use of the oven. Use a damp cloth and mild soapy water or a 50/50 solution of vinegar and water. Rinse with clean water and polish dry with a soft cloth.
Do not bend the knobs upwards or downwards, and do not hang towels or other objects on them. This can damage the gas valve shaft.
The control knobs may be removed for easy cleaning.
- To clean the knobs, make sure that they are in the “OFF” position and pull them straight off the stems.
- To replace the knobs, make sure the knob has the “OFF” position centered at the top, and slide the knob directly onto the stem.
Do not use abrasive cleansers, strong liquid cleaners, plastic scouring pads, or oven cleaners on the manifold panel. They will damage the finish.
We recommend you do not use oven cleaners, cleaning powders, or harsh abrasive cleaning materials on the outside of the oven door. Instead, thoroughly clean the door with soapy water. Rinse well.
You can use a glass cleaner on the glass, but be careful not to spray water or glass cleaner on the door vents.
It’s important to NOT clean the oven door gasket. The oven door gasket is made of a woven material that is essential for a good seal. Care should be taken not to rub, damage, or remove this gasket.
For an even, unobstructed flame, the slits in the burner heads must be kept clean at all times. The burner heads and cap assembly are removable for easier cleaning.
- To remove burnt-on food, soak the burner heads & caps in a solution of mild liquid detergent and hot water for 20–30 minutes. For stubborn stains, use a toothbrush.
- Any spills on or around an electrode must be carefully cleaned.
- The burners will not operate properly if the burner ports or electrodes are clogged or dirty.
- Burners will not light if the cap is removed.
AFTER CLEANING THE BURNER HEADS/CAPS
Shake out any excess water and then let each part dry thoroughly. Replace the burner heads and caps over the electrodes on the cooktop. Make sure the hole in the burner head is positioned over the electrode.
CLEANING THE BURNER GRATES
The range consists of three separate professional style grates. For maximum stability, these grates should only be used when in their proper position. The two side grates can be interchanged from left to right and front to back. The center grate can be interchanged from front to back.
Like the burner heads & caps, grates should be cleaned routinely and after any spillovers. Do not operate a burner for an extended period of time without cookware on the grate. The finish on the grate may chip without cookware to absorb the heat.
- Do not lift the grates out until they have cooled.
- Wash the grates in hot, soapy water and rinse with clean water.
- The grates are dishwasher safe.
- After cleaning the grates, let them dry completely and securely position them over the burners.
Do not put grates or burner heads/caps in the oven during self-cleaning mode.