VERIZON WIRELESS AND LG MOBILE PHONES TAKE CUSTOMERS TO NEW HEIGHTS WITH LG COSMOS™ 2
The Sky is the Limit for Avid Texters and Social Networkers With the New LG Cosmos™ 2
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and SAN DIEGO – Verizon Wireless and LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. (LG Mobile Phones), today announced the LG Cosmos™ 2 will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores beginning July 14. Customers can quickly text, talk and share with LG Cosmos 2’s QWERTY keyboard, mobile web and convenient access to Facebook®, MySpace™ and Twitter®, making it easy to stay connected while on the go.
· Four-line QWERTY keyboard
· Enhanced apps storefront with shopping cart, recommendations, search features and more
· New Mobile Email app
o Send and receive text and picture attachments
o Search through your mail and work contacts
· Document Viewer: supports a variety of popular file formats: doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, pdf and txt
· Multilanguage Support: easily switch phone settings and text input between English, Spanish, Simplified Chinese and Korean
· microSD card support for up to 32GB
· Music player that supports MP3, WMA, AAC and AAC+ formats
· 3.5mm headphone jack
· 1.3 megapixel camera
· Bluetooth® 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) capabilities support multiple Bluetooth profiles, including: headset, hands-free, object push, advanced audio distribution (stereo), file transfer, message access, phone book access, audio/video remote control
· Customers can send individual text, picture or voice messages or to a select group such as business, colleagues, family, friends, school.
· Call and Messaging Restrictions: block all or allow all incoming or outgoing calls, only contacts/messages to block all or allow all (except emergency calls)
· Voice Commands: Call, Send, Msg To, Go To, Check, Contacts, Search, Redial, Play, My Verizon, Voice-Activated Dialing, Help
Customizable Main Menu: rearrange and replace menu items
Pricing and availability:
· The LG Cosmos 2 will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com on July 14 for $29.99 after a $50 mail in rebate. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
· LG Cosmos 2 customers will be able to try the Mobile Email app for ten uses at no additional charge. Customers will be given the option to subscribe to mobile email for $5 monthly access after the tenth use.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of LG Cosmos 2 in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia)
For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
# # #
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 104 million total wireless connections, including more than 88 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 85,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances, employing more than 93,000 people working in over 120 operations around the world. With 2010 global sales of 55.8 trillion Korean won (USD 48.2 billion), LG comprises four business units – Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, and Air Conditioning & Energy Solutions. LG is one of the world’s leading producers of flat panel TVs, mobile devices, air conditioners, washing machines, and refrigerators. LG has signed a long-term agreement to become both a Global Partner and a Technology Partner of Formula 1™. As part of this top-level association, LG acquires exclusive designations and marketing rights as the official consumer electronics, mobile phone and data processor of this global sporting event. For more information, please visit www.lg.com.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
The LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is a leading global mobile communications and information company. With its cutting-edge technology and innovative design capabilities, LG creates handsets that provide an optimized mobile experience to customers around the world. LG is pursuing convergence technology and mobile computing products, while continuing its leadership role in mobile communication with stylish designs and smart technology. For more information, please visit www.lgmobilephones.com.
LG MobileComm U.S.A., Inc.